The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Yeah, I spelled it wrong
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first performance addition to the car other then a short ram intake and magnaflow muffler. I was happy about it so I figured I would share.

Stock w/ heat shield removed...

Once the shield was removed, I noticed the OEM manifold was cracked...

Here it is with everything off...

Here is the new goods...

Hard to see, but this is where I had to grind the block, as always with these...

And here is the completed project...

I have to say thanks to this website and the people that use it. Without it, I would have had a harder time doing this. Thanks!

Up Next....
Cams

·
2>4u
204 Posts
was it relatively easy to install,, i am doing the same thing to my 94.. and im ordering the stuff of ebay.

·
Yeah, I spelled it wrong
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Umm, it really was not that bad. I had to wrestle with it a few times to get everything lined up, and got a new battle scar in the process, but overall, I was pleased. I took extra stuff off the car to help make it easier, and it did.

·
2>4u
204 Posts
people who read this,, if possible help with my throttle problem i posted a thread on it!!! plzzz help!

·
Not Another Altima...
946 Posts
what exactly did u grind? and hoe much did u grind?

·
Yeah, I spelled it wrong
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll see if I can get a better picture, but there is a lip that hangs off the engine block and interferes with the mounting point for the pipe and header. I had to cut about 3/4" deep into the lip, and about the same length wise. I used a dremell tool and it worked great.

·
july notm winner!
6,366 Posts
thats not bad....it took me about 4 but that was with taking the parts off......that damn egr took me FOREVER...

·
///M Time!
3,872 Posts
What cams you going with?

Nice install.

·
july notm winner!
6,366 Posts
after looking at your motor again.....it makes me sick....you need to come clean mine lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts