Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 14.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a short throw shifter for my 99 Alty. OBX has one for $60 and Stillen's is $240. That's a huge difference! What do you guys think? I'm thinking of going for Stillen because I'm guessing that it's better quallity. I plan on haveing this shifter for a long time. Should I go with stillen or cheaper OBX?:confused:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Stillen or OBX?

I have the same problem dude. The difference between a stillen shifter or one from OBX.
From what i've heard the OBX shifter is pretty good and smooth but its a little hard getting into 1st gear when down shifting whereas the stillen one is just all smooth through out. But with that kind of price gap its up to your personal preference. Both will last long its just whether you want one with the better name.

·
Registered
67 Posts
search... i've read that alot of people have problems with the obx and don't recommend it. Everyone who has the Stillen recommends it and says its great. You get what u pay for.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'm gonna get the Stillen for the reason of a smoother shift all around. My next issue is now what is the best website to get it from? I've been to acouple sites like Stillen, SWA, Nopi, Customaltima, etc. Anyone know of a good site that has the Stillen S.T.S. for less? The prices I've seen tend to vary a little.
P.S. I am a NewB but, I have done some searching. If I start a new thread that's because I haven't found what I'm looking for. I appreciate everyones help.

-Brett

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
2,051 Posts
i cant even believe you even had thoser two name brands in the same sentence. its called quality. ihave had the stillen for over 2 years and love it PERIOD!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I decided to go with the better quality.

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
Stillen have more solid shifts and more definite gates then the OBX. The OBX is a little rubbery and vague. The OBX also have a little longer throw then the stillen.

The OBX is great for the price...but the Stillen is just that much better. The stillen also replaces the whole shifter assembly (shifter and aluminum shifter housing) while the OBX is just a simple shifter.

Also the shifter for first and 2nd gens are the same :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts