The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
Here is a good one. I have a 2002 Altima 3.8 with the stock radio and front speakers. I replaced the rears with the Alpine Type R 6x9's and the sounded great. I was in an accident a few weeks ago, nothing major and no damage whatsoever near the speakers. They sounded great going into the shop.
I picked up the car yesterday from the dealer bodyshop, and now just the Alpines in the back sound like junk. They have almost no bass response, and sound ridiculously underpowered now. I check the wires, no issues etc. Even the stock front speakers sound better than the Alpines...
Any suggestions on what it could be? No fuses etc are blown, no wires cut etc. Does the headunit have a rear internal amp or something?
Any advice will be extremely appreciated!

·
Unregistered User
676 Posts
I'd venture to guess that maybe someone at the shop might have blown them while checking out your system...

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
Go back to the shop and ask if they did anything to them. If you have a stock deck, and expect a lot of bass response from unamped speakers, you're going to be disappointed. You sure you didnt forget what yours sounded like while it was in the shop, heard a nice system, and thought your car should sound like that when you got it back?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am sure. The dealer said that they were not near them at all. I was not looking for alot of bass response without an amp, woofer, etc, but they sounded 10 times better than they do now. I know what they sounded like when installed and there is a huge difference now.
I have talked to a few guys and they said that either the magnets shifted during the accident or the guys at the shop cranked them up and blew them....

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
magnets shifting? what the hell? are you SURE you have all the deck settings back to the way they were before the crash? get out the manual and double check. that sounds like your problem.

·
the newb
3,910 Posts
are you sure those Alpines are still in there? ;P sounds pretty sketchy to me lol, one of the workers prolly pulled them out and replaced them with crap :p lol lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts