The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
broke member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going to make a u-turn today and as i started to give it gas with the wheel turned all the way to the left, my car started making a squeeling sound. i'm not sure what that would be but i know its not my tire rubbing the fender well for sure. any info would be helpfull thanks

·
broke member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just went outside to check it.. it has plenty of fluid in there and everything seems to be mechanically ok. do you think it could be from all the salt and sand getting up underneath the car and it just needs to be sprayed off?? also, what sensor is it that is located under the oil filter?? i know this has nothing to do with it, but that looked like the filter was leaking on it.....:confused:

·
Banned
377 Posts
knock sensor iz under oil filter........the caddy i used to have squealed or sometimez DIED if i cranked it to hard......i think itz normal it jus meanz your OVER CRANKING so dont turn az far next time.......jus mah own opinion

·
broke member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, i took it to an open parking lot and turned it hard in both directions and it made the sound in both directions. it does sound like the sound when you have a loose belt and you cut the air on or something like that. but the thing is, its never done that before....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try the same thing in another car, and I'm sure you'll hear the same sound. It's just your power steering system. Btw, it's not a good idea to hold the wheel all the way over, it stresses the system. (Or so I've been told) when you hit the stop, let the wheel back an inch or so, and I wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts