The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to search but oem fogs has less than 3 letters, I tried fogs and got some. I looked in the FAQs and found the install...But, you knew this was coming, can anyone tell me if ALL 2002/2003 Altys are prewired for OEM fogs. :rolleyes: Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
They are pre-wired. I did my own install last fall - took about an hour. There are excellent instructions in the OEM kit, and someone posted their own photos as well. Check the Modifications section of the board for this info.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
well the OEM fogs just plug into a adapter that is right there behind the black cover that comes on cars without them. Therefore, wouldnt you be able to cut that adapter peice off and use the wires that are now exposed or you could somehow get an adapter made and hook the aftermarket fogs up and plug that right into the factory plug. Then the thing that I thought of would be to get the stalk from Nissan to make it a clean install and sell those two fogs that came with the kit (if you do have to buy the whole kit, I suggest calling David Burnette since he will probably sell you just the stalk) to the many people like me who have one cracked fog light. Thats just what I think..I could be totally wrong about all of this....anyway good luck

Rich

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im six foot 254lbs:eek: I dont twist, mabye I'll put it up on stands. I think I have to take the splash guard off also?? Any way Ive got a lot to do this week end so hopefuly it will come to pass.
IronToad has the oem fogs for like 160+ shipping, and because I have the extended warranty, and only 2000 miles on my car, that's the way I want to go.

·
Wasabi Warrior
1,023 Posts
Oh yes, definately put them on jack stands (don't trust the crappy OEM jack, either - I did whole post on that earlier) - and take off the bottom lining covers. Once you do that, you whould see the wiring harness taped back onto itself, close to the openings w/the black covers.

The hardest part about mounting the OEM fogs was getting the top screw in to anchor the assembly, otherwise a 20-30 minute job - max!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I crawled up under and it looks like there is a conector at each opening(although they looked diffrent) are they diffrent for left and right. Also If I do this I should do it soon because I pulled one of the conectors down that was facing up and water poured out of it. I had it washed a week ago and no water since. Any way I think Im going to order from Iron toad they seem to have the good price:eek: but has anyone ordered from them? Is this kit as complete as the one Paul wrote about, with the stalk and everything? I e-mail irontoad and am waiting for a reply.
Also I dont have the convience package no 16 inch alloys but it is a 2.5s.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
kit comes with stalk, lights and the screws to secure the lights....i think thats what mine came with....follow pauls site and you will be fine. I printed out the instructions and pics and went to town.. Took 20 mins and I didnt jack up the car at all. Hardest part liek people have said was the tightening of the top screws...my big ass was laying on the ground almost breaking my wrist to get up in there...but i did it. I tightened them just by hand and they are still tight as can be....good luck

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I already printed out the pics and havent even ordered the lights yet. So you ordered from Iron-toad? Guess thats what I'll do, think Ill change the bulbs to Silverstars before I install, want more of a driving light then fog light. Dont get to much fog here in San diego cept near the coast sometimes in the morning.:D

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I actually ordered from a member who traded in his Alty to get a tahoe and he took his fogs out and sold the kit to me for 110, but yea I do wish I would have changed the bulbs to something brighter before I installed them. I am too lazy to take them out and redo the whole process now :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts