The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Like a Villain
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
99-01 (?) Grand Am GT? i know it was a pontiac, not the GTP grand prix one tho, it was smaller, and it looked new. anyway, i was on my way home from the races (around 2:30 am) we he pulled up beside me at a red light. there were 2 kids inside and i figured they'd want to start something, so i armed the N20 switch just in case. sure enough he floored it when the light turned green. well i wasnt sure if i wanted to go thru with racing him cuz his car looked fast, so when he was about 2 cars in front of me (he let slowed down about 30 mph) i floored it, then he floored it again. there was a 2 carlength gap between us till i hit the n20, then i started pulling..more and more..till we hit 100+ mph (wasnt really paying attention) i beat him by about 1.5 car lengths. we came to another red light and he stopped behind me instead of beside me, which sucks because i wanted to race him again (because he heard the sssssssssssttt sound as i passed him? heh). i'm a little pessimistic about this race because i thought those cars were much faster. what do you all think

·
Now that was just ghey...
113 Posts
also they are heavier than the Alty.:cool:

·
Registered
192 Posts
yo ignite, is your alti stick or auto?

·
10,560 Posts
IgNiTe said:
we came to another red light and he stopped behind me instead of beside me, which sucks because i wanted to race him again (because he heard the sssssssssssttt sound as i passed him? heh).
see, i hate that when i hear stories like this. I would have rolled up to you and atleast given you the thumbs up. Good race though!

·
Like a Villain
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have an auto with CAI and exhaust

·
Be very afraid...
4,573 Posts
I've beat older GAGT's ('95-'96ish) in my stock 5-spd. They were only 160hp then, heavier than mine, and automatic only ... but they still seemed surprised that I beat them. :rolleyes: See ya!

·
Like a Villain
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this one i raced sounded really loud heh. anyway, i'm afraid of the GTP grand AM, those i'll avoid at all times :(

·
Like a Villain
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
unstoppablenick said:
aww did the punk ass kids in the ponticrap get punked..hahaa..good one
hahaha thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
yo chirs man good kill but damn mang you didn't need to squeeze the bottle did u? i mean your car should've been intimidating enough hehe j/k. but yeah man good race. i raced one too but i'm not sure which model it was it may have been a GT also but we were going about 100 and i started pulling away.

·
Like a Villain
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
se_12alty said:
yo chirs man good kill but damn mang you didn't need to squeeze the bottle did u? i mean your car should've been intimidating enough hehe j/k. but yeah man good race. i raced one too but i'm not sure which model it was it may have been a GT also but we were going about 100 and i started pulling away.
thanks eddie. i squeezed just to make sure i'd win hehe. his car looked intimidating too, but it's all good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yea man, nice!!! My brother has a 2001 Grand-Am GT and his only mods were some 17 inch Konig Tantrums and some lower profile Fisk Phantom ZR rated tires. We got into it on the road and we came to a sweeping curve. He had it down and I had it down and I pulled away from him about a car length and he got so pissed. His 108mph speed limiter would of left him way the hell behind but we came up to another stop light at the end of the curve. I have an auto with a cat-back, wai, upgraded ignition w/advanced timing, intrax, and kyb's, 18 inch wheels and some badass Kumho 225-40-18's. Sleeper sedan.

HEHE...

·
Genki desu ka
280 Posts
Good kill. What kind of times do people run with N2O? I am still deciding to show or go.

Nautilus were in IN are you from?

·
Like a Villain
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i've been dying to goto the track but everytime i plan to go something comes up. but the weather hasnt been too nice either, and because of it i've heard of stock WRX's and Type Rs running low 16s.:( i live in florida so it's going to be hot for a while

·
Registered
64 Posts
Im from Carmel. I have a ZEX waiting for me, just dont have time to put it in right now.

If you know, INDYALTY, the strip of road i was talking about is the one on Hazel Dell Pkwy. right between 106 and 96th st.

Where u from in INDY??

·
they call me the butcher
2,098 Posts
good kill but beware the grand prix gtx 240hp v6 supercharged
i tryed to kill one of those and lost by a car but that was pre-nos period
so now i should be able to hang with them at least

·
Like a Villain
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nismoalty said:
good kill but beware the grand prix gtx 240hp v6 supercharged
i tryed to kill one of those and lost by a car but that was pre-nos period
so now i should be able to hang with them at least
hmm i dunno about hanging with them...240 hp SUPERCHARGED is a lot of beef..hell, i had trouble keeping up with my friend's 2k 5 spd maxima with a 50 shot. do you mean GTP or gtx? i've seen the GTP grand prixs, but no gtx's. gtps are supercharged

1 - 20 of 27 Posts