The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Like a Villain
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and got all over my nitrous line. the trunk matting is covered with battery acid. i was supposed to return the battery but i couldnt make it that morning. that night we went out and i let a friend drive my car. well the next morning i opened the trunk to find the battery tipped over. how do i clean the mess? i tried pouring baking soda in the trunk.

·
de-moderator
1,476 Posts
take out the N20 out... then throw out the liner to the trunk. Take everything out and mix baking soda and water and pour that on it and everywhere! like hella hella water and baking soda. That shit will corrode in no time. isn't there a plug under the spare? Well... if there is then put hella baking soda and water and just drain it out through there. OH YEA... get a new N20 line heh.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would:

(1) Remove everything from the trunk; that means the spare tire, tools, the wooden trunk floor, junk etc. etc.

(2) Find and remove the rubber plugs at the bottom of the trunk. I've never counted them, but there is usually more than one (about three).

(3) Add more baking soda.

(4) Hose down the trunk with lotsa of water. The water will drain out of the holes.

(5) Dry out the trunk.

(6) Clean and hose out the stuff from the trunk.

Hopefully this will get all the acid off.

Jay

·
Banned
0 Posts
see if you can get a hold of sodium or calcium carbonate. The stuff works wonders. Most high school or college chem labs have it.

·
Like a Villain
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, thanks for the tips

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
hey dood, u ever get ur Aero duo front on?

·
Registered
482 Posts
dont worry about going to your chem lab to get calcium carbonate, get some hydrogen peroxide pour it in there, its easier to get and a very strong base, or bust up some tums and sprinke the dust in your trunk, that may be calcium carbonate but I dont rember. water is gona be absolutley uless, and im not sure about baking soda cause I dont have a package to check whats in it. but either tums or hydrogen peroxide will work and you can get them at any drugstore if you dont already have them instead of stealing it from a chem lab.

·
de-moderator
1,476 Posts
baking soda works... trust me! and the water is there to rinse away the soda and acid mix. AND... its really cheap!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts