The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my engine remounted by the dealer because the engine mounts were gone. So I got my car back in 2 days. And I pop open the hood to see if everything is okay. And I see this:

What is that wire for?? Is it important...my car runs fine. :confused:

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
I dont think it belongs to anything....there are lots of those open connection i've seen on are wire harness. Not sure why, i'm thinking its for the mechanic to do diagnostic checking at certain points in the harness, just my guess.....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Judging by the picture it looks like one of the connectors that is suppose to go to the engine mount. I'll take a look at mine but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Are you sure that they installed the electronic engine mounts and not the standard ones. The engine mounts in the manual cars are not electronic and I'm sure they would fit in an automatic car. Just an idea. That location would be for the rear engine mount.

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rnbrn21 said:
Judging by the picture it looks like one of the connectors that is suppose to go to the engine mount. I'll take a look at mine but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Are you sure that they installed the electronic engine mounts and not the standard ones. The engine mounts in the manual cars are not electronic and I'm sure they would fit in an automatic car. Just an idea. That location would be for the rear engine mount.
Aww..that would suck if they took off the electronic engine mounts...let me check my papers later.

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
panteedropper said:
what does an electric motor mount do?
It automatically adjusts the firmness of the engine mounts. When you go faster, it will become stiffer, and when you are going slow or at idle, it gets softer.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I checked on my car and that is the connector for the rear engine mount. There should be the mating plug on a bracket right below the wire harness where that plug is. If it's not there the bracket will have two round holes facing toward the front of the car. The plug for the front engine mount is right under the top radiator hose. See if that plug is plugged in or not. If the work was done under warrenty they definitely should have replaced them with the electronic ones. Let us know what you find out. Maybe it's better that they didn't replace them with the electronic ones. You won't have to worry about the regular ones ever going bad again.

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
rnbrn21 said:
I checked on my car and that is the connector for the rear engine mount. There should be the mating plug on a bracket right below the wire harness where that plug is. If it's not there the bracket will have two round holes facing toward the front of the car. The plug for the front engine mount is right under the top radiator hose. See if that plug is plugged in or not. If the work was done under warrenty they definitely should have replaced them with the electronic ones. Let us know what you find out. Maybe it's better that they didn't replace them with the electronic ones. You won't have to worry about the regular ones ever going bad again.
Hm..I don't really know how to look around for the male adapter. But I just read my service invoice and it says:
"Tech replaced both motor mounts per bulletin; Note tech replaced both electronic motor mounts. PN's 11270-8J100, 11320-8J100"

I looked up the part numbers and they are $100+ parts called insulator assembly's

·
Registered
318 Posts
fr0mastaj said:
Hm..I don't really know how to look around for the male adapter.
It would be a female connector. It is the same color brown as the connector you found and no farther away than the length of wire that the plug will reach. The bracket is directly under that wire harness. Did you look for the front engine mount connector under the top radiator hose? It will look just like the one you already found. I'd really like to know what the dealer says. Don't let him tell you that that is not for the engine mount.

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rnbrn21 said:
It would be a female connector. It is the same color brown as the connector you found and no farther away than the length of wire that the plug will reach. The bracket is directly under that wire harness. Did you look for the front engine mount connector under the top radiator hose? It will look just like the one you already found. I'd really like to know what the dealer says. Don't let him tell you that that is not for the engine mount.
Oh no!!! You are right man...those assholes really did just unplug it and didnt do shit. I looked for it under the radiator hose..and it is unplugged as well. So I think all they did was just unplug the motor mounts! They didnt replace shit. And they kept my car overnight for the service too. :(. What do you guys suggest i do? This is totally unacceptable.

·
Registered
172 Posts
First I'd take it to a different dealer to confirm your suspicion (dealers are competitive, they'll put each other down to look better themselves), then drive to the dealer that performed the work and I would bitch and embarass the shit out of them in front of their other customers, and then call Nissan customer care and report them. Then report them to the BBB.

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you guys think this is worth calling nissan customer care? I know for sure that i am going to fuck them up on the service response survey for sure.

·
The lost aren't forgotten
1,197 Posts
SR35DETT: hahah
SR35DETT: that wire
SR35DETT: that u cant figure out
Fr0 MaStA J: yea
SR35DETT: regulates your blinker fluid
SR35DETT: get it checked out quick
Fr0 MaStA J: wtf?
SR35DETT: cuz u could be in danger.
Fr0 MaStA J: **** u!! lol