The Nissan Club banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
To see if they actually changed the mounts or not just plug them back in and see if the noise comes back. If it's back, you got screwed. But you can always take it back to the dealer and tell them you plugged them back in and the problem is still there and just see how they react. God I hate dealers.

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
^^ Im still having a hard time looking for the rear engine mount female adapter! I looked for areas the wire can reach..but no luck :( Is it clearly visible like the front one? or is it kind of under some other stuff??

·
Registered
318 Posts
For the rear engine mount plug, it should be attached to a "L" bracket right under the wire harness where the pigtail sticks out. In fact I think that the main wire harness is attached to the top of that bracket. The front of the bracket (facing the front of the car) will have the mating plug. If not there will be two holes (one at the top of the bracket and one at the bottom) where the plug should be mounted. The wire from that plug runs down across the top of the transaxle back to the rear engine mount (which is impossible to see from the top of the engine).

·
Registered
318 Posts
You know what. I went back and took a look at the pictures at the top of this post and I can see the bracket where the female plug is suppose to be and it isn't there. Now the question is. A: Did they replace your mount and not run the wire up to the plug? B: Did they replace your mount with the non-electronic one? Or C: did they just cut the wire off your existing mount and say screw it, it won't make that noise anymore. Too bad you can't take a look at another automatic Altima so you could see what I'm taking about. Go to the dealer and look at one on the showroom floor. I'm sure the '05's are just like yours. Good Luck.

·
Make it last...
406 Posts
Man... :(

I've been watching this thread, and your situation sucks. I noticed your in the Boston, MA area fr0mastaj, I'm in Manchester, NH. I go to Peter's in Nashua, NH... they're a pretty good dealership, they've always taken care of me. I've got a 2002 2.5S manual transmission, so I've got nothing of interest under my hood. Good luck... I do not envy your position, but I hope the altimas.net group can support you through this tough time....
:D

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Oh No, I haven't brought it back yet, been kinda busy. I don't even know exactly what to say? Am I just supposed to walk up to the service rep and be like "Why did you unplug my electric motor mounts, instead of replace it like the paper says?" Or is that too straight forward.

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
Have you looked to see if it looks new....if your sure they didn't even replace it and just unplugged it, just go in and asked them what they did cause you noticed it was left unplugged and you got underneithe and it doesn't look like they even replaced it. But don't say that unless your sure they didn't, they might have just forgot to plug it in.

·
Registered
318 Posts
First off I'd plug the front one back in to see if it goes back to making the noise. Keep in mind that not both of the mounts may have been bad to begin with. If it starts making the noise that's a good reason to go back to the dealer. I also don't think you are out of line by going back and saying "where is the plug for the rear engine mount". Now that you have a little more knowledge and know where both the engine mount plugs are you can easily ask why the rear engine mount isn't plugged in. You have every right to be an asshole about this, no mater what else one of two things happened. That dealership is totally incompetent or they intentionally screwed you. They might still be able to screw you but this time they'll have to work a little harder at it. They could just as easily plug both engine mounts in but cut the wires inside the sleaving. You can be their worst nightmare, a knowledgeable consumer.

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
^^ I plugged the front one back in, and there was no noise at all. But I did notice it was a bit shakier than unplugged. Or it might be the placebo effect, not too sure. Well I still cant find the rear engine mount port at all. I've searched and searched. Both L brackets in the area are empty, nothing on it. It was the rear engine mount making the noise..so now that i can't even find the port, i can't find out if they replaced it or not.

rnbrn: the female port of the rear engine mount is also the same brown color right?

·
Registered
318 Posts
It's possible that they replaced the mount and just forgot to run the plug up to the bracket. They would have to be morons but it's possible. They obviuoly had to remove the old plug from the bracket. Like I said, you should try to look at another automatic Altima so you'll know exactly what the plug looks like and where it is mounted so that when you go back to the dealer they won't be able to BS you.

·
Registered
318 Posts
DesiEGO said:
Put this all to rest already. Take it to the dlr, ask them to look at it and then judging by what they say, either make a scene or just be happy and on your way out ;)
Why don't you at least let him answer before you blast him.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts