The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other nite i was putting oil in my car. some how i forgot to put the cap back on the valve cover and oil got all over the engine(drenched) i went for 3 days like that...until i noticed a large oil puddle under my car!! doh! the question is .....what should i use to clean the oil up outta the engine bay and off of all the rest of the engine. i know degreaser. but anything specific?

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just spray it all over ? do i rince it with water ? i never used that stuff on my engines befor.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
follow the directions on the package bro... that's generally why they're there. I highly recommend Castrol too.

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
then just hose it down with water ?

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Go to a parts store. Look at the bottle and read the instructions. It tells you what to do.

·
Resident Bitch
1,755 Posts
Takes it to a self-serve car wash, select engine cleaner, spray the engine down. Let if sit for a bit. Select high pressure rinse and spray the engine down, but don't directly spray any of the electronics. Drive car home and pull spark plug wires out. Stuff a paper towel wrap around something skinny down the spark plug holes to dry them a bit. Leave the plug wires out a while longer to allow them to dry fully.

Demmy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts