The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted recently info regarding oil filters, and here is small addendum:

I was unable to find AC Delco UltraGuard Gold filter ($10-11; regular size filter) in stores and emailed to AC Delco to ask who distributes these top-notch filters. Here is the answer I got back:

"Thank you for your interest in ACDelco.
ACDelco has discontinued manufacturing the ULTRAGUARD GOLD Oil Filter line is due to lack of sales.
At this time, it is unknown whether they will begin production of them again.

ACDelco Customer Assistance
"

Whether it is true reason or there is any other (malfunctioning of the filter at extreme conditions), I don't know. The fact is- filter is NO LONGER available through retail stores.

It would be nice if we could add this to the faq on "oil filters".

Best,
Konstantin

·
Registered
6 Posts
So from what everyone's told about Fram filter's (i.e.- cheap construction, poor flow at high RPM's, etc.), I will never buy a Fram again.

However is there any difference between Fram's premium filters (namely the X2 Extended Guard brand), and their stock replacements? I ask because I just did an oil change with the X2 filter and don't want to do it again just because of their crappy filter.

Any opinions?

Greg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.