The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Energy Liberation Front
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just noticed recently that I'm leaking oil. It's coming from the oil pan.....and the bolt that you remove to change oil is all goobaly globby, I haven't changed the oil yet on the car, have had it for under 2 months, so it's about due....but I'm a little worried that it's comming from somewhere other than the spout...like from a seal or something, because a good portion of the oil pan looks wet. It leaks quite a bit, and I can see oil condensed into a drop waiting to fall, right below the bolt. I haven't pinpointed where the exact problem is yet, but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what signs to look out for, and how I can tell if it's a serious leak or not. I'm relatively new to cars, so I'm kinda lost without assistance. Oh, and excuse the terminology, or lack there of. Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you're lucky it is either a worn washer on the bolt or a worn oil pan gasket. Hopefully.

Washer can be changed with the next oil change. So can the gasket, but it will take a little longer to change.

Maybe others can lead you to other areas to take a look at. The year and mileage on your car would help others out too.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
well I'd clean the area really well. Then maybe drive it abit and jack it up and see. Its either a gasket, or the bolt.

the key is to clean it up and with a flashlight, look around the gastket area for leaks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts