The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i swapped out my plugs and wires today and noticed that there was oil on the first spark plug. no other ones, just the first. can anyone troubleshoot that for me? does that mean that lube-it-all put too much oil in my car during my last oil change? let me know. ~ ed

·
Big Intercooled Member
1,539 Posts
On the bottom end of the plug or the top end??? If on top then you just need to replace the gasket, the bottom end and you might have problems.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If its below the plug you could have slight blowby. Do a leakdown test on that cylinder, that should tell you a lot.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Get a valve gasket, that fixed it for me. The gasket gets all hard and gnasty, he new one is nice and rubbery and takes care of the oil leaks.

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
to make a long story short, try the valve cover gasket first, in my case I wound up forcing Nissan to replace my valve cover on my car at 90,000 miles.

6 valve cover gaskets later....

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
best bet is to stand over the engine with a light and look down. 9/10 times when you pull the plug out, oil gets on the bottom portion, when it was really on the top near the thread. Since it pools up, you THINK its the bottom....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts