The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
R P R
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, I have a small oil leak & It seems to be coming from the oil pan gasket area. I called the nissan dealer to see if they have a gasket in stock & he told me that the 94 altima GXE doesn't have a gasket that it has some sort of sealant but then I call the auto part & they said that they do have a gasket. Do they or do they not have a gasket ???Does anyone have any suggestion on what I should do...... :confused:

·
4,733 Posts
I went through the same thing about a year ago. There is in fact NO gasket. The dealer was right. You have to use this Black gasket maker gooey stuff that comes in a tube. Not sure of the name. I watched my mechanic take off the oil pan, and he showed me that there was no gasket.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
well first off, the nissan oil pan gaskets upper and lower, rarely if ever leak so make sure that is the problem.
orlando

·
R P R
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Orlando: I'm getting under my car today to get a better look ....where else can it be coming from??? I'll check & if it is the gasket I'll get some off that sealant & see if that works. I'll let you guys know how it came out .. Thanks for that replys...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
well i thought mine was leaking but it was actually my inner cv joint gasket that was leaking and splattering onto the oil pan.
orlando

·
projected member
919 Posts
go to parts store and find grey permatex sealer. if you can't find it, go to nissan and buy that or the nissan orange sealant. if you end up with a leak still, it could be the crank pulley seal or the common timing chain cover leak. there's a small o-ring behind it that tends to leak.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
nissan doesn't make Gaskets for stuff like this.. Every area in the manual showing where a gasket would go is diagramed with a sealant gasket. Most Factory cars nowadays do it...

Parts stores still make gaskets because folks think its easier and less mess...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts