The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I made a post about this before. But I'm curious since I should be getting my income tax back sometime soon so I'll have about 800-1000 from my tax and if some people pay me what they owe me. I'll be ordering my pulley either before or when I get my money. But besides that what else? I have a auto so I know about the VB upgrade and torque convert. But I don't think I'll get those untill I get all the other engine mods I can. I don't know when I have to get my car inspected again so I'll have to wait on the header. What do you guys suggest?

Current Mods: Ractive Cold Air Intake, GReddy Cat-Back, Ghey 15" rims (not stock)

I want to move up to some nice 17's but all that I saw are like 900+ with tires so it's kinda out of the question right now.

·
502 Posts
advanced timing, chip?

of course, you could do an engine rebuild with cams, port/polish

blah i don't know what i'm talking about

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An ECU upgrade isn't really worth it with the few mods I have, advanced Timing either I don't think. Not untill I mod my engine a bit more. and if I'm not mistaken the only reason to upgrade cams/pistons is if I had a turbo wich I won't have for a long time.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Since you are going to have 3 "straight line" mods, why not start working on "corner carving"? Do you have the stillen rear sway bar, or a front strut tower brace yet?

What about the tunes? Do you have an aftermarket stereo?

·
Back to the basics
770 Posts
Just get the header man its worth the price and I just got my car inspected with all that and even nitrous man so do it. Actually they didnt look under the hood like last yr thank god lol Just my .02

·
EXPLICIT EDITION
324 Posts
You can find some nice 17's at wheelmax.com for like 6-7 bills. Or just get a nitrous kit like Zex or Nos, you can find one for like 3-4 bills if you look around. :cool:

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I got a Sony Xplod head unit, Pioneer (sp?) 5X7 in the front and Alpine 6X9 in the rear shelf thing. And 2 Alpine Type S 12's with a 833 watt Pioneer Amp. and no I don't have the stillen rear sway bar or a front strut tower brace. what do they do? Me and my friend were arguing over what they do.

·
22,052 Posts
A strut tower brace stiffens the chassis and makes the suspension do the work, not allowing the car to flex.

This should explain a rear sway bar better than I can muster...

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question432.htm

Upgrading the rear sway bar is, in my mind, the best handling improvement you can make to your Altima. It helps to dial out some of the inherent understeer. It won't provoke oversteer, but instead give the car more neutral handling.

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cthunder said:
gee I wish my shit was that cheap... 1k wouldnt even cover the labor.
How much did your shit cost ya? and is there any reaosn to get them besides them beign able to handle the stress of a turbo charge?

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
JWT Cams !!!

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well that still bring up my last question. Is there any point of getting them if I'm not getting a turbo installed?

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm seriously considering it. I know it'll help preformace and it'll sound nice with the GReddy.

·
A-arm brace man
392 Posts
An a-arm brace adds 50hp:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts