The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Eh brah, got da kine?
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comment all you want, doesnt matter to me. I'll cut a few things short though before I hear them.....those are obviously the steelies w/hubcap covers on my ride. Reason being I wanted to see how it looked after the paintjob with the kit before I got my rims. Same thing with the lowering, I want to get the rims before I decide how low to go. that plus the VIS Omega kit sits REALLY low so I need to determine where to go with height after I get the rims. In terms of body work all I got left is to color sand it after 30 days to add the depth, and add the mesh to the rear. And of course and exhaust is needed.... All the work you see here was done by me before dropping it off.....The color is a Platinum metallic with flake in it...not the stock silver. Again, its a VIS Omega kit all the way around with a mid wing in the rear. Future ideas are welcome ;)

edit: pardon the quality of the pics, I'll get better ones this weekend......and P.S.- The omega kit was a BIATCH to get to sit correctly

·
Eh brah, got da kine?
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
#1.....the front was SCREWED into my side panels. Basically I counter sunk the area a bit with a grinder, dropped the screws in with some silicon sealant and let dry. Then I ground down the screw head so the would sit a lil less the flush. Then I used some dynalite gold to cover up, sanded smooth and used putty to cover the rest...

·
Eh brah, got da kine?
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front emblem...

And now you can see where I removed the front emblem, filled with DynaGold filler again and smoothed then puttied. It turned out seamless again in the finished job (wish I gotten a close up)

·
Eh brah, got da kine?
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same process as the front for the back here......countersink on kit, drop screws in, grind down screws, covers with Dynagold filler and sand smooth.....

·
Eh brah, got da kine?
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is a before side shot of the car......pinstipping and side moldings removed, if you look closely you can see the sideskirt where I did the same thing as the front and back bumpers....screw, grind and smooth....

·
Eh brah, got da kine?
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and I got rid of that biatch bump in our trunks so it is now smooth......

·
Eh brah, got da kine?
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JDM b16a EG6 said:
also..why didn't you shave your sidemoldings then
ssshhh..lemme finish posting :p

·
Eh brah, got da kine?
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and heres the front....

·
Eh brah, got da kine?
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and the front left....

·
Eh brah, got da kine?
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a side shot....again, sorry for the quality

·
Eh brah, got da kine?
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a close up of the paint with the flake in it.....again I'll take better pics this weekend just wanted to get the pics up now and share because I am proud of my work....very rewarding experience...

·
Eh brah, got da kine?
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hehh, if you are from hawaii...you know what this means, a lil humor I have stuck on my back window. Makes my islander friends laugh anyways....

·
Eh brah, got da kine?
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JDM b16a EG6 said:
did you get your engine bay painted to?..looks nice bro
hehe, ok im done posting now. and Nope, didnt get the engine bay done. I have a new engine (well, from Japan so new to me) sitting waiting for me at a friends shop in Orange County that I plan to put in there, I really didnt want to deal with it until after I remove the old engine....so for now it stays the tanish primerish color that it is ;)

·
Eh brah, got da kine?
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh, and just to be clear....none of the kit is molded onto the body. I really didnt want to deal with cracks and what notalong the edge where it would be. I think NissanFreak (name?) addressed this in his recent post...I felt the same way...

·
belongs -> @ltimas.net
428 Posts
I LIKE THE KIT
This wing is ok

but the wheel gap
u should think of something to do about that

·
Eh brah, got da kine?
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
shermanleesm said:
I LIKE THE KIT
This wing is ok

but the wheel gap
u should think of something to do about that
+Trance+ said:
Same thing with the lowering, I want to get the rims before I decide how low to go. that plus the VIS Omega kit sits REALLY low so I need to determine where to go with height after I get the rims.
;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts