The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to buy a 2003 Maxima SE 6spd fully loaded yesterday and the dealership told me that it is impossible for me to get the one I wanted since they stopped making them. I talked to carsdirect.com and they told me if they could find it it will be 26,400 (sticker is around 30,500) But if I cant get it i would go with the altima 5spd fully loaded, I can get for 25,900. Should I bother looking for the Max or should I just get the Altima.

·
Yankmy Member
715 Posts
Get the alty :)

·
SHIFT_performance
779 Posts
Go Altima. :D The Altima has a the new rear suspension from the Japanese Skyline, which is their flagship car over there. The 2003 Maxima is using an i-beam soild rear suspension, which is extremely outdated.

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
wait a few months a get a new max. or an altima. both are getting better for 2004

·
Proud '02 owner
2,852 Posts
The maxima is a nice car as well. For me it was all about style. I had a Max once before and I was tired of the shape. Thats why I bought an Altima. But I think you should be able to get a better deal than 26K.

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
if u can get a fatty deal on the 03 max then get that..otherwise wait for the new one if u willing spend a lil more...

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
theman929 said:
I went to buy a 2003 Maxima SE 6spd fully loaded yesterday and the dealership told me that it is impossible for me to get the one I wanted since they stopped making them. I talked to carsdirect.com and they told me if they could find it it will be 26,400 (sticker is around 30,500) But if I cant get it i would go with the altima 5spd fully loaded, I can get for 25,900. Should I bother looking for the Max or should I just get the Altima.
What exactly do you want on the Max? If it's something that can be added on, then I suggest get it. However if it's more than that, then get the Alty! I can guarantee you that the Altima won't dissapoint you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Both cars are good. Go ride in both and see what you like. Maxima is my personal favorite since my dad has one. If you want some of the small extras like navigation, etc, then go with the maxima.

·
Rock & Roll Outlaw
649 Posts
Price Means Everything

Try again for 24K for the Maxima.

I know you can get one cheaper than the Altima.

The Altima rocks and the Nissan flagship is now priced below a similar Altima.

This is not a hard choice.

·
Ar Dont Do That
297 Posts
if u want to wait till late march, get the Max its sticker is gonna be around 32-34g

I LOVE the altima..its just incredible..got one fully loaded for 25k even...

if i wanted to wait..i woulda waited for the new max, the 04 altima isnt gonna change that much, just alittle bit of interior construction..the reason i went with the altima is because im redoing the interior anyway, i got new leather, a new radio is being installed, the dash s being re-done, all interior is being upgraded for real cheap.

so, go drive both..if u wait acouple months and go the means..check out the new maxima and ull prolly be suprised how cool it is..ur choice man

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think im going to go to a different dealership and test drive both the 5spd alti and the 6spd max, I was only able to test drive a fully loaded automatic yesterday(Altima that is) I liked it but I didnt really get to push it. But I want to drive the max to see if i like it better. Reasons I want the max is the better interior and it seems more refined, also the 6spd. The altima for the better rear suspension and out side looks and the rumors that the atima is going to change for 2004 a bit makes me not want it. The one question is about the rear suspension , Im not planning on racing the car- what is the advantages of the altimas to the maxs solid beam. Help me out guys this is killing me I dont know what to buy:confused2 :confused2

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you're not going to race it, does it really matter if you get the 6-speed vs. the 5?

Also, did you ever consider interior room, because my choice was set from the very first moment I sat in the Max. I am 6'4", and the steering wheel rubbed on my legs when I drove it (however that was an '02 model with very little tilt and no telescoping capabilities...I am not sure if they changed that in the '03 model). You won't find this problem with driver space in the Altima. Actually, the Altima's the only car that I have ever drove where I didn't have to move the seat all the way back (I wouldn't be able to shift as good if I did). Just thought you might like another piece of input on the two cars. Bottom line: Altima has far more legroom and space, both front and back.

One more thing...the new Maxima's performance numbers are out in the new Motor Trend and they are surprisingly comparable to the Altima (which happens to be over $10,000 cheaper!!). What a disappointment in the performance (and grille for that matter!). Good Luck!

·
enlighten me
904 Posts
premierdrumm3r said:
if u want to wait till late march, get the Max its sticker is gonna be around 32-34g

I LOVE the altima..its just incredible..got one fully loaded for 25k even...
im redoing the interior anyway, i got new leather, a new radio is being installed, the dash s being re-done, all interior is being upgraded for real cheap.
So you got leather, and now you're getting new leather?

Thought about selling your old seat covers?

·
Registered
43 Posts
you should go with the 04 maxima. better car than any altima out now. and probably better then the 04 altima thats comin out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wont be able to afford a 2004 max and I want a 6spd because i go on road trips so it will get better gas mileage

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I was told I have a better chance seeing jesus skateboard across the showroom floor then getting the max I wanted. So I went ahead and got the 3.5SE, 5spd, Fully loaded. Silver w/Blk Leather. Exactly like I wanted but it has the wood trim. Im not to fond of. But I could always get rid of it.:D

·
Ar Dont Do That
297 Posts
So you got leather, and now you're getting new leather?
sold. :D

my friend bought them for 1250

such crappy leather...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts