The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved out of my apt, and they trying to charge me and my room mates 1500 dollars in damages.... i have quesiton, i know this amount so ****ing riduculous(sp?)... how can i fight it?

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Alt01iro said:
I just moved out of my apt, and they trying to charge me and my room mates 1500 dollars in damages.... i have quesiton, i know this amount so ****ing riduculous(sp?)... how can i fight it?
did you not have a security deposit? that usually covers any damages when you move out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well they did the route where you put 30 dollars for security and parents sign a waiver for damages, but the complex does this to everyone and they just extort money out of everyone... the last manager got arrested for Money Laundering ;(

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
Tell them to blow it out their ass and refund teh money !! What condition is in question with the apartment ?? My brother was charged $978 when we moved because he banged holes in the walls putting shit up and shattered the terrace door and cracked the tile in the kitchen when he dropped the microwave... That was well deserved.

1,407 Posts
Did you clean up and take pics as you were leaving?

·
DON'T!!! I'm watching you
2,795 Posts
$ 1500 ??? what's wrong with the apt ??? If they're charging you that much there must be something wrong with it. In what conditions did you find it when you 1st got it and in what conditions are you leaving it ??? (please be honest)

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
I would just tell them to take you to court. tell them to go **** themselves (if you have pics of the place in decent shape) and let them deal with it.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Ask for a detailed list of damages and repair costs. Also ask for repair estimates from actual companies, not just their opinion. If they say they have already fixed it ask to see it. Did you fill out one of those move in checklists?

Some of the management for apartments are pretty shady. I had a similar situation a few years back. The apartment complex tried to scam us out of a few hundred dollars for repairs.

Fortunately for us we filled out one of those checklists when we moved in stating the condition of everthing. We had to sign it and the apartment manager signed it. Of course they couldn't find their copy of it after we moved out but I still had a copy.

It clearly said on the checklist that the formica countertops were all scratched up. The lady said "no, formica is the floor." Of course I know the difference in formica countertops and linoleum flooring but she argued for 20 minutes. A couple lines down on the list it stated that the linoleum floor was also scratched. That finally shut her up.

She also claimed to have pictures of the damaged countertops (which we already had proof that we didn't do). When she pulled the pictures out she said something like "oh, I guess the pictures didn't come out." The pictures were pitch black, you couldn't see a thing.

She then asked us what we wanted her to do. When we told her we weren't paying for the charges she said fine and kicked us out of the office.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts