The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 Alty and my headlight lens are starting to look old,foggy, etc. What can I do about this without replacing the whole housing? I have read on here about something that you can buy that clears this problem up....thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys...any tips/directions on using the 2000 grit and water so I don't scratch, etc. the lens????thanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where would I be able to purchase this plastic polish at??? certain brand that I need to get???? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Tomorrow I'm going to try this :

Someone told me that this is the product to bring back the headlights. Of course if your headlights are dirty on the inside this won't help.

It's made for silver, gold, brass, copper, pewter, glass, steel, aluminum or chrome, but looks like it work on plastic.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I don't like em too much, only because it's like they didn't know what to do w/the area around the lens-it's just black plastic...
Maybe they didn't need the whole area to act as a reflector like the OEM but anyways....

BTW, those are going down in price some, I noticed the lowest sets were priced at around $138 or 140, down about $20-30 over the last few months...

I just wish others would jump in but they may not see much potential if relatively few are buying these off Ebay....

Jeremy

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
i just cleaned my headlights last night, Meguiars #10, havent tried #17, all the store had was 10 LOL

been using it for about a year. awesome stuff. took me 5 minutes to do last night (literally) and they look almost new again (except for some scratches, thats normal...). went from dirty and foggy to clear as a bell. lasts for a while too. usually i polish them whenever i wash my car, but i did it early just cuz they looked kinda ugly...

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
On ebay, though I didn't realize this post was about 2nd gen headlights. The black ones are only for 93-97 IIRC, though 2nd genners have made their own look much better IMO by taking them apart and painting them....
The 93-97 are the ones I was saying have come down in price lately....

Jeremy

·
Registered
194 Posts
i used flitz on mine and looked brand new..... =) heheheee

1 - 19 of 19 Posts