The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With recent talk of doing the Manual 55mm TB swap to the slightly larger 60mm Auto TB, here is an old thread with some helpful info. It seems that the concensus is it needs to be a year for year swap; 95->95,,,,, 96->96, etc. In our case it was the TPS that was different on the two different TB's. Other concensus was that it had to do with OBDI -vs- OBDII. It should be a OBD1->OBDI swap,,,,,,OBDII->OBDII swap......We found this info out by trial and error so heed the information before you start pulling anything apart. FYI, The swap was attempted on our 96' 5spd GXE, we believed the donor TB to be of a 95 or older.

http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39458&perpage=15&highlight=auto&pagenumber=1

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
kewl, when i did it, i used the one off of a 95 and had no problems. maybe it IS year for year... although i have a 94.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mohamed said:
That may be some federally mandated thing, but in Altimas, 1993-94 was OBD1, and 1995 and on was OBD2. I'm not sure about second and third gens, though.
You are correct, my bad I did a lil snoopin and alot of manufactures started rollin out ODBII car for the '95 model year. they however wee required to 100% complient by '97, if i remember correctly.

Sink

1 - 12 of 12 Posts