The Nissan Club banner

101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
^the warranty thing made me think of Hyundai. They always talk about the warranty on them being so great, but never really talking about the cars being reliable

·
Registered
370 Posts
^the warranty thing made me think of Hyundai. They always talk about the warranty on them being so great, but never really talking about the cars being reliable
My parents have 2 Accords. They are nice. They don't have the Nissan Fun to Drive factor though. When Dad found out newest one takes 0W-20 oil he flipped. He says he won't buy another as he hates the idea of this oil. I told him it would be fine, the other uses 5W-20 anyway. Not sure why he has such a problem with the oil, but with the 2013 Altima coming he might be changing back to Nissans.

Afterthought: why does the dictionary not have Nissans and Alitma(s) in it but does have Accord?

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
because Accord means something other than the name of a car. Plus the Accord has been around much longer than the altima.

·
altimaa2009
65 Posts
Ford escspe has the Nissan cvt. They retired a bunch
Of them in San Francisco @ 300,000 miles as they were used
For taxies. Stop & go...no cvt problems

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ford escspe has the Nissan cvt. They retired a bunch
Of them in San Francisco @ 300,000 miles as they were used
For taxies. Stop & go...no cvt problems
I didn't know Ford was using Nissan CVTs. I realize Nissan is the only car manufacturer really doing heavy R&D with the CVT but didn't know. I know Subaru is using Nissan CVT.

·
altimaa2009
65 Posts
Dodge is also using the Nissan cvt in that little car on the former neon platform...not the cobolt..thats chevy..begins with a C...oh its the Caliber

·
Registered
799 Posts
I just hit 60k on mine. No major issues, knock on wood...

·
altimaa2009
65 Posts
80k miles is nothing if u drive ur car well, & of course
maintain it as ur supposed too. Keep all ur fluids up to
Date. I never drive my car or motorcycle over 50mph. Can
U imagine? Lmao

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
50? man I would have horrible gas milage at 50mph. My cars are well maintained, but i still don't want to make it old when it doesn't need to.

101 - 120 of 160 Posts