The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost every country got hurt in judging scandals, should all events that can't be measure by time, distance or scores (soccer/softball etc) be abolished?

Discuss.

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
read the post again, revvo.... :D

·
OG
4,071 Posts
if youre talking about the men's 50m shooting then its the damn americans own fault ... he shot the wrong ****in target.

·
OG
4,071 Posts
they arent so much judging the 'artistic' aspect of those sports but how much the athlete messes up on their pre-planned routine. (in those sports the judges know what will be done before it is done)

·
14,455 Posts
Yeah man, did you see that one russian guy get jacked from an amazing score? The crowd boo'd the judges for literally 10-15 minutes. I could not believe it.

But thos ejudges last night, ugh. Worst evar.

·
Cub Fan, Bud Man...
310 Posts
Prey521 said:
Hamm shoulda gave up the Gold! :angry2:
He rightfully won the gold in the All-Around, it was the Silver he won on the High Bar that should have been given to the Russian. Hamm deserved the bronze, but the Russian should have won silver.

I have a problem calling anything that has to be judged a sport. A sport has a definite winner based on either a tangible score or time. I think of things like Skating and Gymnastics and stuff like that as a competition. I mean the people are athletes, without a doubt, but what they do is not a sport.

1,407 Posts
**** the Koreans.

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
BSU_Altima said:
He rightfully won the gold in the All-Around, it was the Silver he won on the High Bar that should have been given to the Russian. Hamm deserved the bronze, but the Russian should have won silver.

I have a problem calling anything that has to be judged a sport. A sport has a definite winner based on either a tangible score or time. I think of things like Skating and Gymnastics and stuff like that as a competition. I mean the people are athletes, without a doubt, but what they do is not a sport.
That means boxing isn't a sport, either.

·
Cub Fan, Bud Man...
310 Posts
tdoyle said:
Or Football, or baseball...or any "sport" that uses a referee.
huh? What's the object of Baseball, football and basketball? To score more points. That is a sport. The player has his/her fate in their own hands (for the most part). Boxing is a sport, bacause there can be a knockout, which is the goal. There is also scoring in boxing, which for the most part is dependant on the boxer (punches landed, etc) not the judges. Any sport can be influenced by refs or judges, but for the most part the action determines the winner, not the judges. In things like ice skating or gymnastics or whatever, sure, the athletes do their part, but the results are determined by the judges as they see fit. That is not sport, that is competition.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts