The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant think of any, can anyone else ?...well i cut the red wire going to the key lock today and killed the shift lock, tired of having problems with something that has no use...unless there really is a use for them, but i cant think of any, unless i missed something that will cause me to die a horrible painful death on the freeway (knock on wood)...

actually im just being a cheapskate and dont want to pay to get it fixed.....:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
drew said:
now someone can hotwire you car and put it in drive.:rolleyes:
you can put it in drive anyway, by pushing down on the red tab on the shift lever
...say bye to your car as it rolls down the hill......
how do you figure that is going to happen...all the shift lock does is keep you from putting your car into gear when the engine is off...and it can always be disengaged by pushing on the red tab on the shift lever, ever heard of a parking brake ?
My wife's shift lock does not work on her car and she sometimes turns the car off with it in drive and it starts to drift away!!!
almost a good reason, but i dont see myself turning the car off with it in drive:D but i'll try it today and see what happens

ok, so there arent any good reasons so far, keep em coming!!!

by the way the wire that powers the shift lock is a white wire with silver dots on it, and it powers a solenoid which kicks in and out a little piece of plastic which allows the shift lever to go into position....many car manufacturers do not have this feature, so i dont see what the big deal is...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts