The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
My little champion...
2,388 Posts
Afty said:
I was reading a new review for the Altima over at Edmunds, and I came across this line:
"Other interior features worth mentioning are the one-touch down and up front windows..."

I haven't noticed the one-touch up feature in my Altima, and I didn't see anything about it in the manual. Does anyone know what they're talking about?
:eek: Hey Afty, sounds like you need to spend a little more time playing with your car. Its definitely one of the nice touches. I wish the sunroof was one touch open and close. Sucks to be driving and having to keep one finger on that stupid button. Guess I'll always have to open the sunroof when I first get in the car.

·
AE '00
356 Posts
The 2.5 S has this feature and if you have the convenience package, then the passenger side has a one touch up and a one touch down. Since you have the SL, you should have this feature.

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
1,213 Posts
Rad!! I'll try it out after work =) And I was quite surprised by the auto-down feature accessible through our remotes.... dealer never told me about it, and when I found out about it in the manual, I totally felt like that guy in the jetta commercial... and my friends totally acted like his wife... :D

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
One touich up

That is news to me, I'll have to try it. I did not see that in the manual, but i was not looking for it. I did not think cars had that for safety reasons. At least none of the cars i had did... Thanks for the knowledge. To the guy that mentioned the remote o[pening the windows, I too learned from the manual, the dealer had no clue, on alot that the car does

·
Destroyer of Sidewalls
46 Posts
I know the VWs and Audis will reverse if something gets in the way of the window while it's on auto up. Does the Altima do this too? I've tried to put weight on the window but that doesn't stop it. I'm not brave enough to try to put my arm at risk to check it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
One touch windows....

Not only do the 2.5 S, SL, and 3.5 have this feature, but the windows also have an anti-pinch mechanism built in.

You can test it by raising the windows and placing something (like your own hand) at the top of the window. Once the window meets the object, it will retract back to about the halfway point and stay.

Keeps you from getting your head stuck when yelling into those stupid drive up window boxes!:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
And to remote open the window on the drivers side just put the key in the keyhole and turn it to unlock the door. Hold it for a couple of seconds and the drivers window drops.....

BTW, did you notice the car only has one keyhole in the car? Some folks missed that...

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
1,213 Posts
merkurman said:
And to remote open the window on the drivers side just put the key in the keyhole and turn it to unlock the door. Hold it for a couple of seconds and the drivers window drops.....

BTW, did you notice the car only has one keyhole in the car? Some folks missed that...

One keyhole? I never noticed... do you mean just the keyhole in the drivers side?:confused:

·
Registered
432 Posts
One Touch Windows

I knew about the one touch windows, I use it quite frequently paying bridge fairs but the anti-pinch mechanism?

I`m chicken to try it, and I don`t want to put an object in there for fear of breaking something!!!! Has anyone confirmed ther is an anti-pinch?
:confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I did try this and it is painless, the window just stops and lowers 5 or 6 inches.

·
Registered
35 Posts
remote windows down

you guys do know about the remote windows down right.

on the SE, and maybe conv pkg for S, if you hold the unlock button (on the remote) both front windows will roll down. you do have to hold it the whole time they are rolling down though, it won't go all the way down automatically, but it's still pretty cool.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I did notice that the only key holes on the car were one on the trunk and one on the drivers side front door. I like the smooth look on the passenger side!

I haven't tried the pinch mechanism. I read that it existed, but I am chicken also. I think I will try with a newspaper as well.

I just hope that I don't ever get car jacked with my windows down. If the guy grabbed me through the open window, I couldn't roll 'em up. I guess you just drive!

·
Consumer Advocate
93 Posts
Re: remote windows down

jstefdog said:
you guys do know about the remote windows down right.

on the SE, and maybe conv pkg for S, if you hold the unlock button (on the remote) both front windows will roll down. you do have to hold it the whole time they are rolling down though, it won't go all the way down automatically, but it's still pretty cool.
Yeah, found that out by accident one night when my wife and I got in the car and noticed the windows were down a bit. I was hitting the unlock thinking I was pushing the trunk button. Freaked us out a little but then we figured it out.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.