The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
young & stupid
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was recently doin burnouts in the parking lot and when i look back at them i've notice only one tire mark. i'm afraid only one of my wheel is spinning. what can cause this and what can i do to fix it??

·
I Don't Drive An Altima
1,083 Posts
You dont have a LSD ( Limited Slip differental )Tranny. Only one wheel is alowed to spin, usually the one with less traction.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
yes, you have what is called an open differential. perfectly normal. its the manufacturers way of making sure that your tires can spin at separate speeds around turns.

·
Registered
432 Posts
REVEREND D said:
Buy more LSD.

Dammit Rev...
I was just sipping my OJ when I read your post...now it's all over my monitor:eek:

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
down with lsd

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey where can i get one for an alti? how much? and is install easy?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Haven't you see the movie "My Cousin Vinny" when they are analyzing the tire marks that travel off a curb. Jeez.

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
cap2501 said:
it only came on the 93and 94 se's and only as an option. if i recall
you also need new axels if you get the tranny
..no.. I have a 95 se w/ LSD. Trust me, its a 95 & it has LSD.

·
VTEC V6
211 Posts
No, the Altimas have Vicious coupling LSD I believe. Like I say, I was told that I have an LSD transmission on my 97.5 without ABS. I don't know how to tell, but my car spins with both front tires and if one loses traction on wet roads the other kicks in to save the day. I dunno anything about it, I assumed that was the way all FWD vehicles performed.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
I don't have LSD but I managed to do a burn out and lay down 2 thick black rubber strips!

and I was in reverse at the time! :dunno:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts