The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Resident Bitch
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who may remember, I've been without bump for quite a while due to blown amp/subwoofers. Currently the only things in need of replacement are my subwoofers. I'm planning on going all polk/momo for speakers and just wanted opinions. I've already swapped Polk DX-series speakers from my bf's truck that was burglarized into the rear of my car (the speakers were the only thing is his truck they didn't steal). The difference between my hi-fonics and the polks is like night and day. I'm planning on getting 2 12" momo subs which will fit perfectly into my 2 sealed 1cf enclosures. I'd also like to get 5.25" components to replace my hi-fonics up front, but they've been discontinued. I'm sure I can find some on ebay though.

Opinion good or bad, I don't care.

Demmy

·
2,446 Posts
Don't really hear much about MOMO. Though I think you can probably get better for the money.

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
there are many more out there for a better price and better bump. They had issues with the 1st gen momo's and even did a recall on them. The new ones are suspose to be better. Friend of miine has 2 12's in a sealed box and it hits pretty good. Then again its in a Tahoe, anything will hit in it. Unless you can get a steal on them or absoloutly want them I would compare them to the

Elemental Design e12k
Rockford 12 HX2
Alpine Type R

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
yeah you will wayyy over paying for them, check out the Elemental Designs or adire audio

·
Resident Bitch
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is ~$150 each over-paying... I wouldn't consider that expensive.

So to those who are recommending other subs... tell me what will fit and sound good in 1 cf sealed enclosures, being pushed by an MTX 500 watt monoblock amp that bench tests at appx 680 watts.

Here's a pic for those of you who may have never seen my car.

www.arizonagt.org/pics/stereo.jpg

The only thing that has changed since that picture is the addition of a 1 farad cap.

Demmy

·
Resident Bitch
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
invisible21 said:
MOMO = BLOMO
Thats such a ****ing helpful statement. If you're gonna say something blows, explain why or shut the **** up.

Thank you, please drive through.

Demmy

·
Registered
288 Posts
Dementia said:
Thats such a ****ing helpful statement. If you're gonna say something blows, explain why or shut the **** up.

Thank you, please drive through.

Demmy
Damn you ARE a resident bitch...I was just trying to be funny, and I didn't think I needed to explain myself because other people already said what I really wanted to. Damn and I was even going to say that you rock for being a girl who's down with the car audio (there are so few). Actually, you still rock...and you're honest about your bitchiness...I like that.

Anyhow, I see you said $150 per sub...that's not too bad actually. IMO, I just think the MOMO's are way too much show and not enough go. Like other's have said, you can get other speakers for similar(or lower) prices that outperform the MOMOs.

For example....Adire Shiva, Elemental Designs ExK, JL w3v2, or Image Dynamics IDQ. There are 4 right there that would work well with your amp...but the Shivas like a little more space than 1 ft^3.

Check them all out:

www.adireaudio.com
www.edesignaudio.com
www.jlaudio.com
www.imagedynamicsusa.com

Sorry for warranting the 'jump down my throat' response earlier

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
yah demmy i used to sell them at CC (don't laugh) but i never sold 1 pair, in fact we didn't even keep them in stock. 150 a piece isn't too bad of a price but i would definitely go with something different myself.

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
2,051 Posts
yeah, you are paying polk the right to use the momo name, if you are not gettin in the ad they put in the mag of the ppl that use there products, i wouldn't get them. but you can make any speaker sound decent w. the right enclosure, watts and wires. not a bad price you are gettin them for but i am sure you can find better else were

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
2,051 Posts
yeah dude, you are a real winner if you gotta try and pick up girls on the internet talkin bout some are you hott. i am sure you are one prize pick yourself if you have tog et girls on .net

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
$150 is way overpaying. You can get Alpine Type R's for like $50 more. I payed $119 ea. for mine. I have 2 alpine Type S 12's and they hit hard.

·
Registered
288 Posts
kudakev97SE said:
yeah dude, you are a real winner if you gotta try and pick up girls on the internet talkin bout some are you hott. i am sure you are one prize pick yourself if you have tog et girls on .net
Actually, I have a girlfriend...but you know she (nor any other girl I have EVER met) cares about car audio, or cars in general. Seriously I was just kidding and I'm not trying to pick up anybody...I don't understand why you have to be a prick about it.

I mean jesus, I'm 21 and in college on the other side of the country from AZ...do you really think I was serious?

You must be some prize yourself talkin' shit to people you don't know for no apparent reason whatsoever...get a life.

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
I would get some thing else for the money.

You can pick up two Kappa 12's on ebay for that much moolah/

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Get one Shiva "12. You could use less space and not sacrafice sound. And you could do a real clean setup easily.

·
Resident Bitch
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll have my car tested with an SPL meter again after it's done and broken in. It hit 138.5 before, but was probably capable of 140 with some adjustments.

I'm just bummed cause all my CD's are gone. They took our CD case when my bf's truck was broken into. Oh well... the insurence settlement is paying to get my system fixed. Guess I need to go shopping for cd's too. My bf's bummed because he had lots of Bass compilation CD's that were burned and given to him, so he'll never get those back again. I think we had every Bass Mekanik there is. Ofcourse my first priority is to replace my Marilyn Manson cd's :) Yeah I know, I'm a freak.

Demmy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts