The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2001 GXE Limited Edition (manual) and I love it so far.

Here is what I have figured out so far for my system...let me know what you think...

Kenwood KDC-x817 HU (delivery tomorrow)
DEI 3065 Components (ordering next week)
MTX 2-Channel AMP (not sure which one yet)
Pioneer 200 Watt 6x9's (some oldies but just for rear fill)

Havent decided on subs or fub amp yet....any ideas?

Cant take up a huge amount of space as I have a baby and well some of you know how much room all that stuff takes up.

Thanks for any input.

·
22,052 Posts
I have an infinity perfect 12 and I really like it. The box is only 1 cubic foot, and it hits nice and low. I have PPI amps, and they put out plenty of power. I had fosgates, but they got stolen. The fosgates actually made the sub sound a bit better. I also put in a 1 farad cap to ensure my lights won't be dimming or any of that shit.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
3,045 Posts
I would personally start with a good headunit, and then replace all ur stock speakers wit aftermarket, and depending on wha kinda sound u want, i would put a 4 channel amp, and then find a good pair of subs , and a good 2 channel or a mono block amp for tha subs. Personally i think Rockford Fosgate amps, and JL Audio Speakers sound good az hell. I recently changed my system do to a heafty speeding ticket. I now have 1 JL Audio 12w6, and a Rockford Fosgate 500a2, and a JL audio 61/2 comp set. and JL 5 x 7's and let me tell u that shit soundz GOOD !!! I have all my speakers running on amps !!! and soundz good, also if u run multiple amps, make sure u get no smaller than 4 guage wire, and make sure u have a farad cap too !!! if u dont sooner or later ur alternator will go out , and ull b stuck on tha side of tha road, and mad az hell !!!:confused: :mad:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a kid myself and feel your pain on the no room for anything in the trunk. I also have a 1 JL 12w6 in the trunkof my car. It sounds great, but my daughter is getting older so I want to go with 2 tens. If your interested I'll sell you the 12 and A 500 watt amp and stinger 8 gauge wires for 300.00. the sub cost me 250.00 alone 1 year ago. It's used but not abused at all. this will start you off nice. If interested pm me. Peace.

·
Po-rican
403 Posts
I got the JL audio 10w0 in thier pre loaded box and it takes up very litle space. The box is angled to fit up against the back seats. The box pounds and still leaves me plenty of room for car seat bags etc. I am pushing it with a rf 500a2 and now want to replace the factory speakers and amp them too, but need to get a cap first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies......I want to go new stuff....I like saving money but I also like the feeling of having new stuff:)

Looking at getting 1-2 JL 10W3's and either using a RF amp to push them or a Lanzar 1200d.

Anyone know the stock amps on a 2001 GXE LE alternator....might have to replace it with an amped up one....any info anyone can share on this issue?

T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts