The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, just wondering what everyone thinks of the idea of buying a new exhaust manifold ('cause the old one's rusted out and wouldn't work for this...) and sending it away to have it thermacoated, perhaps inside and out. You see, I want my engine bay to be all decked out, look clean and all, but I'm not sure I wanna spend $400.00 on headers. A new manifold can be had for less than $100.00, and the thermacoating is only around $75.00, so for $175.00 I could have a nice looking exhaust manifold, although I wouldn't be doing anything for the car performance wise. How does this idea sound? Also, chroming out the heat shield would look pretty nice in conjunction with doing this.

Also, from what I can tell the first gen altimas with auto tranny's(which is what I have) are equipped with different manifolds than the fist gens with 5-Speeds. I'm not sure why, but I'm assuming the auto-tranny one is a little bigger to compensate for the larger throttle-body. SOoooo, in theory if you had a 5-speed than you could buy a new exhaust manifold designed for the automatics and have it thermacoated, and it would almost be like installing a header - might give ya a little bit of added horsepower. What do you guys think?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.