The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a 4-2-1 hotshot header, WAI, pulley, and exhaust system, is there any order i should get them in or does it matter?

for installation of the header, do i have to take the engine out to put them on or can i leave it in?

thanks for the input!

·
Red Sleeper
5,340 Posts
i got my goody's in the following order:

greddy catback
pr CAI
stillen header
stillen FSTB
nokya pedals
swa u/d pulley

tax rebate money:
GC & Tok's
volk T-37's

94_se

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
I went from:

stillen exhaust and WAI to
JWT ecu to
F-Max Turbo Kit to
Blitz Nur-Spec exhaust to
full build up (tranny and engine).

Im missing little stuff like, KYB's, Intrax springs, RSB, FSTB, and rims (but I dont count rims as mods).

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Do it in any order although I heard with the stock exhuast system the header sounds like shit.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Intake
Pulley
Header
Cat back
Cams
JWT ECU
Flywheel/Clutch

Would be a good order , just be sure to not forget the esentials , Basic tune up with NGK Plugs, cap, rotor, Fuel Filter , 5w-30 synthetic oil Etc. ...

·
There is no substitute.
2,032 Posts
Shawn, think i should change to synthetic even approaching 110,000 miles? I really wanna switch but dont want to start oil leaks.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
I did a short ram intake, pulley, and exhaust all within week. The combo, all at once, feels great.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
PorscheKid said:
Shawn, think i should change to synthetic even approaching 110,000 miles? I really wanna switch but dont want to start oil leaks.

I dont see why not , Synthetic will not cause oil Leaks , it will only make existing leaks worse !! I went to Synthetic at 135K ....Also remember to set plug gap at .047 in. and go to a 6 heat range ....

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
BigAltiMan said:
SHAWN, is that your setup?

Well , I went Intake, 60 mm T/B, Exhaust, Header, Pulley , ECU, 10.5:1 buildup which included Cams , Flywheel .......

Basicly my entire engine mod list is ...

ENGINE: JWT POP Charger, K&N Titanium Filter, PR T/B to MAF pipe, Hotshot Gen1 header, Unorthodox underdrive crank pulley, Greddy cat back, rad. cap and oil cap, JE .020in. overbore 10.5:1 Comp. Forged pistons, Clevite rod and main bearings, ARP rod bolts, complete ballance job, Performance valve grind, TopEnd Performance Cams, port matched head and intake manifold, 60mm throttle body, JWT ECU, Energy motor mount inserts, NGK wires and BKR7E-11 plugs, Valvoline 5w-30 Synthetic oil.......
Oh and JUN Flywheel .....

·
There is no substitute.
2,032 Posts
SHAWN said:
I dont see why not , Synthetic will not cause oil Leaks , it will only make existing leaks worse !! I went to Synthetic at 135K ....Also remember to set plug gap at .047 in. and go to a 6 heat range ....
If I change and discover leaks that I didn't know about, if I went back to regular would it bring it back to normal? Ide like the extra performance and longer time between changes but i dont wanna hafta start getting gaskets replaced because of it. Does the plug gap and heat range hafta be changed when switching to synthetic, and will the haynes manual tell me how to do this? Ive never heard of the heat range before...

·
There is no substitute.
2,032 Posts
brazil5376 said:
can someone explain the spark plug gap and heat range thing if you change to synthetic
i really don't know if he was referring to me or just to the person who made this thread about putting in plugs... Cause I don't really see how the oil would really have an effect on those other parts unless it changes the timing or something.:confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts