The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
CarAudio & Elect. Pro
1,874 Posts
;)
I am going to order my 8 RE8's sometime next week probably.
BTW, my box is alread finished. ;)
Well, at least it's cut and predrilled. Of course, I am going to build inside the trunk again.
GXE94, you got a box design?
How are you going to have them facing?
****, the reason I went with 8 is because I am going to seal them off from the trunk. :)
Oh, and what amp are you using?

·
Audi Driver
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have no box plans yet. i will draw them up and make the box maybe sunday. they will face the trunk lid until i get 8 probably.

the amp will be brutus 1500d. it will overpower them by 75 watts a piece going by the amps ratings... but i will be very conserative on the gains. at 1 ohm it will be almost perfect for 8.

·
CarAudio & Elect. Pro
1,874 Posts
sweet.
let me know if you need any help with the box.
btw I am using my DEI 2400d for all 8.
but that will only be around 1400 watts @ 4-ohm
;)

·
Audi Driver
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow i just remembered how much i HATE designing boxes when i am drawing up plans for this one. port is quite long compared to the box size. i am going to do 2 boxes, 2 8's in each. each box will be 21.5x11.5x11.5 which is 1.157 cuft internally before speaker/port displacement.

so, each pair will get about 1 cu ft or a little more. pretty much what RE suggests.

port area will be 10x1.5 inches, or 15 sq inches. that makes the port length 30.5 inches for 32 hz.

time to draw up some models in ms paint.

·
CarAudio & Elect. Pro
1,874 Posts
not a bad design.
need some more though to look like this. ;)

:)

Oh, and well 4 4-ohm DVC subs can be wired to a 2-ohm load and then basically that will be like wiring a single Dual 2-ohm sub for a final load of 1-ohm or 4-ohm. If I confused you, when you see the diagram, you'll understand.
;)

·
Audi Driver
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i understand, but that seems pretty complicated... lol.

i might have to ask you how to do that when i get my subs. i would much rather have them on 500 wats @ 4 ohms than 1000 @ 2 ohms. just so i can turn them up whenever i want and dont have to watch the gains.

·
Registered
171 Posts
how the hell will you get 8 DVC-4 subs to be at 4 ohms? and 1400 watts is perfect for 8 of the RE's.

wire a sub in series so it is at 8 ohms
do this 8 times
now take the positive leads of 4 subs and the negative of 4 subs
and bridge them together that equals a 2 ohm load for 4 subs
now wire one of the 4 sub combos in series with the other one
8 dvc subs bridged at 4 ohms mono
its called series parallel wiring
with 8 dvc woofers the wiring configuration is virtually endless anywhere from .25 ohms mono to 64 ohms mono

·
Audi Driver
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

box isnt exactly top notch. got a few split corners from the screws and the port has a screw bubbling out. i had to silicon like 3-4 spots since the wood was like 1/8th of an inch off.

also, i had no idea how big to make the speaker holes. i guessed and made them 7.5". god i hope its right.

·
CarAudio & Elect. Pro
1,874 Posts
nice.
I'll post my pics soon.
BTW, how long did it take to get your RE8's once you ordered them? Oh, and how did you pay - credit card or what? I am going to order my 8 Tues.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts