The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yoooooo.......i was drivin sum chicks 2003 toyota corolla "S" today on the highway....i was floorin the damn thing(w/her in the car...lol).......it sounded like it was gonna explode......and it didnt pick up for shit my 99 altima picks up much faster than that corolla.......i couldnt wait till i got home and picked up my alti...and then i felt like i was drivin a real car...

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
i'm sure w/ the VVTi...high speed acceleration (80+?) is a hell lot better...

out alti are torque heavy...so we launch great...but lags in the higher range....

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
asleepaltima said:
altys arent the fastest things stock, but fixed up, they still arent the fastest things...
lol im not sayin they are the fastest things out there.....but they arent that bad compared to other cars

·
VTEC V6
211 Posts
Maybe I am easily entertained, but my Altima is not what I would define slow. Is it what my Mustang was? No, not a fair comparison. My car seems like it will take off like a rocket and it pulls strong through fourth gear. Cruising at 105MPH on the interstate is baby-stuff. This car has as much power and speed as anyone needs.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
i actually like my car and if i didnt think it had potential, i wouldnt be dumping the 3 grand in it next week like i am... things are just funnier the later it gets...

·
Registered
236 Posts
You could make an alty fast. Yeah it doesnt have the RWD and other goodies of the 240 but they have the same motor. The ONLY reason I got rid of my alty was the 2nd gen ecu. If I was able to go past the basic i/h/e, I would keep it. I wanted a turbo and that is almost impossible to do wih the 2nd gen. here was talks of ecu swapping and so on, but it wasnt worth it to me. I am staying Nissan, butjust not my altiam. There ae no modded 200's or 240's, so I look forward to whooping some civic ass with an sr20det powered something

·
Registered
236 Posts
Necromancer said:
You could make an alty fast. Yeah it doesnt have the RWD and other goodies of the 240 but they have the same motor. The ONLY reason I got rid of my alty was the 2nd gen ecu. If I was able to go past the basic i/h/e, I would keep it. I wanted a turbo and that is almost impossible to do wih the 2nd gen. here was talks of ecu swapping and so on, but it wasnt worth it to me. I am staying Nissan, butjust not my altima. There ae no modded 200's or 240's where I live, so I look forward to whooping some civic ass with an sr20det powered something. I do look forward to making my wifes 2nd gen decked out though. Body kit, i/h/e, etc. And just pimping it out. But at the track, I will take out he 240 or 200

·
DirtyGirls4Life
5,241 Posts
Necromancer said:
You could make an alty fast. Yeah it doesnt have the RWD and other goodies of the 240 but they have the same motor.
well it is easier to swap a bigger motor (SR or RB) into a 240 than any motor besides the KA into an altima.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts