The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I stop by the ATM after work. After I get my money and get back into my car I look in my rearview and see this jeep cherokee backing out of the space directly behind me. Okay, he's going a little slow, and he doesn't seem to be angling it enough... and sure enough, 2 seconds later.. *BAM!* the mofo backs right into my bumper! the whole car shook and I just knew he did some damage, so I jumped out of my car infuriated and ran up to his window before he had a chance to drive off. It was some 60 year old man talking on a cell phone. and even after I got him to get out of his car, the bastard was STILL talking on his cell phone! Here's the pictures I took right after he backed into me:

it looked a lot worse in person... anyways.. after I got all his info (insurance, drivers license, phone #'s) he took off. I then proceeded to take a closer look and ran my fingers over the scratches... turns out they felt more like bumps than crevasses. so I got a towel out of my trunk, put some water on it... and proceeded to scrub. *PoOF* scary looking scratches rubbed right out! I was actually smiling at the fact that our bumpers could take a low-speed beating :)

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
You should have ripped the phone out of his hands....placed it on the ground...and stompped it. I was at the credit union the othere day and saw some broad in a minivan do the exact same thing...but she mangled the car she hit....I would have embarassed the shit out of her had she hit my car....She would have been verybally assulted until she cried and they had to call the cops to drive her home.....She would have believed she was a whore when I was done..and went home to confess this to her husband

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
same thing happened to me in the front from so guy in an old beater mustang. a rag and some gasoline took everything right off

·
Smoked Out
2,551 Posts
similar thing happened to me...unfortunately the person who ran into my rear bumper was my own GRANDFATHER! His front license plate went into my rear bumper and left little marks...not noticeable though....but I know they are there!

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
j_archer_69 said:
similar thing happened to me...unfortunately the person who ran into my rear bumper was my own GRANDFATHER! His front license plate went into my rear bumper and left little marks...not noticeable though....but I know they are there!
Did you rough him up a bit??:D

·
Registered
198 Posts
wild willy said:
You should have ripped the phone out of his hands....placed it on the ground...and stompped it. I was at the credit union the othere day and saw some broad in a minivan do the exact same thing...but she mangled the car she hit....I would have embarassed the shit out of her had she hit my car....She would have been verybally assulted until she cried and they had to call the cops to drive her home.....She would have believed she was a whore when I was done..and went home to confess this to her husband

LOL, Willy puttin women down for the whores they are...:D

·
Chillin in Japan
144 Posts
Well i was not so lucky, some guy with a big ol truck, backed into my front bumber last week and ripped it open with his tail hitch thingy. There is a perfect square deep dent and like a 6" crack in it. Sucks for him because hes paying for it out of pocket. Hes writing me a check today for like $550. Thats the quote he got here. I was wondering if any of you guys knew anyplaces to go to get a new bumper and have it painted for less than $500? I live in southern cali so im trying to see if I can get it cheaper so I can pocket some of that cash. please let me know what you guys think. Thanks

·
Registered
432 Posts
^ Exactly !!!

I used to work in retail-jewelry, and NEVER (myself or my colleagues) attended on anyone if they were on a cell phone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
latin_menace42 said:
Well i was not so lucky, some guy with a big ol truck, backed into my front bumber last week and ripped it open with his tail hitch thingy. There is a perfect square deep dent and like a 6" crack in it. Sucks for him because hes paying for it out of pocket. Hes writing me a check today for like $550. Thats the quote he got here. I was wondering if any of you guys knew anyplaces to go to get a new bumper and have it painted for less than $500? I live in southern cali so im trying to see if I can get it cheaper so I can pocket some of that cash. please let me know what you guys think. Thanks
$550.00 damn that's cheap.My friend backed into me backing out of her garage.She hit left side of the bumper and left a nice big dent,she was driving an older Toyota van 80's something.Just got mine fixed and it cost me(or should I say her insurance)$764.00.They made the check out to me ,so I took my bumper off and tried to push it out, came out a lot,but it must've stretched when it got hit so there was still a dent and a little wavy.Thought I was going to come up.But looked bad so I took it in,got it fixed and back to new.

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
wild willy said:
I think Willy needs a drink to calm him down.

But then again, I probably would have done almost the same thing.....only not quite that bad.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts