The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup everyone! I used to be a member on this site couple of months ago, til I lost my j.o.b.. but anyways my 93 altima is having a hard time turning on. I replaced the fuel filter but no luck. Has anyone ever ran out of fuel and had a hard time turning the car on after refilling? Please let me know cuz I'm about to light it with a damn match. Peace. GLEXXX

·
master of the 5th speed
55 Posts
GLE-XXX said:
Wassup everyone! I used to be a member on this site couple of months ago, til I lost my j.o.b.. but anyways my 93 altima is having a hard time turning on. I replaced the fuel filter but no luck. Has anyone ever ran out of fuel and had a hard time turning the car on after refilling? Please let me know cuz I'm about to light it with a damn match. Peace. GLEXXX

if u run out of fuel all u have to do is fill it up. turn the ignition to the on position (don't start it). give the fuel pump about 5 secs or so to repressurize the fuel line then crank it. it should start right up. if ur car is not starting up, something else is wrong with it. sometimes i pull my fuel pump fuse out when i park my car in a area where i don't trust it. and most times i start it without putting it in cause i forget and it cuts off. i just put the fuse back in and do what i told u to do and it starts right up.

·
Slow & Low
142 Posts
You might have burned up the fuel pump motor. Since most fuel pumps are intank, they use the fuel to cool it or else it overheats. Running the car dry, may have caused it to fail.. I'd pull it and make sure its working properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Fellas! I'll look into it this evening, I'm guessing the fuel pump is shot because everytime I attempt to start it, it boggles and backfires through the air intake.

GLEXXX

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PaceCar said:
You might have burned up the fuel pump motor. Since most fuel pumps are intank, they use the fuel to cool it or else it overheats. Running the car dry, may have caused it to fail.. I'd pull it and make sure its working properly.

Were is it located?

GLEXXX

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was able to locate the problem. Filthy fuel injectors. I bought some starting fluid and some fuel inj., sprayed it in the intake, waited about :30 seconds and then started the damn thing. At first it boggled but I kept the accelarator all the way down. I was a happy camper there after. Major tune-up underway this weekend, thanks everyone.

GLEXXX

:)

·
Banned
563 Posts
question backfired (lean or rich)

hey guys what would make the car backfire ? too much fuel then spark ? or not enuff fuel ? last night i was driving and all of the sudden i back fired LOUD i thought i shot someone ..i wasnt even boosting much ...just doing normal speeds around 40 -45 ..scary that it does it ...does anyone know ? am i running too rich or too lean for that? im not sure which one is ..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts