The Nissan Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
boba addict
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been shopping around the nissan dealers in my area - one dealer offered me 300 above invoice which he said would be 18,500 or so... and i'm lookin at edmunds.com and the listed invoice for a 2.5S automatic it's 17,874. and you add 300 to that and it's a lot less than 18,500. is it still a good price?

well i juss wanna know what price you guys got most of ur 2.5S's for? even if yours was all fully loaded? i just wanna see the price comparisons.

i'm just getting a 2.5S basic, no extras, 4spd auto (wussie car but hey.... it's a heckuva car to be my first.. i'm only 17)

thanks

- asher | johnson pang

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey Asher welcome to the Kiddie-Alty-Club. Im only 16 myself hehe. I got mine for 22,500 out the door with the conveniance package and compass/dimming mirror. The price they gave you for the car seems like a good one, I say go for it! Btw don't get silver, about 1/3 of the Altima's are; unless you like being just like everyone else :) Just wondering are you paying for the car yourself or are your parents helping?

-Dennis

·
boba addict
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha sweet :)

i'm lucky enough to have a stable family and parents who can afford an altima for me.. so it's mainly my parents financing it.

22k? wow sounds pretty steep actually. thanks for ur input

·
Du Ma
37 Posts
price

i'm sure you can lower it. Work thru the internet thru the dealers. They'll give you better prices since they get commission for internet sales. Most dealerships, at least in my area are offering 3% above invoice on altimas.

·
Registered
173 Posts
nice. Parents rule. Anyway make sure you put a pic in the 'members pics' thread on page 4. :D hehe

·
Banned
23 Posts
wow

i got my 2.5s auto splash guard, fog lights and auto dimming mirror for 252 a month out the door inculding everything tax and lic. 0 down and lease for 60 months with 15000 miles for the year.

·
61 Posts
I have a 2.5S w/ conv. package, splash gurads, 5 speed, fog lights, rubber and carpeted mats, and auto dimming compas mirror. $19.8
6K down = $334 a month for 5 yrs..
they said it was 450 over inv. but they didnt have the car I wanted and for $150 extra I got the flaps and compas, so it came out to 19.8. thats w/o taxes or extra warranty.

·
Registered
173 Posts
PhattyAltNAtl said:
I paid 19.9K out the door. 2.5, auto w/the conv. pkg, compass, mud guards, mats, spoiler.

I'd say that was a GREAT deal. A LOT of car for the $$$$$
I think Ive been ripped off..... :(

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
gibaholic said:
Invoice on your car is like 19.8....what no tax or license?
That's what I was wondering. Maybe Phatty meant the negotiated purchase price? "Out the door" mean with all taxes and fees included, which around here (with a low 3.1% car sales tax) would still be at least $700 extra all inclusive.

Asher, call around to another dealer or two and see if they'll beat the price. Once you have their price, go back to your current dealer and tell them that they need to beat the other's price. You gotta get the dealerships working against each other for your business ... makes it much easier to get the lowest price.

Also, make sure this dealer knows that you know what the dealer invoice price is for that specific car, and that you've verified it across several internet sites. If they try to tell you that their invoice price is different, call BS on them and ask to see the actual invoice reciept. If not, be prepared to walk out -- they'll stop you or at least call you back with your price. They also have holdbacks of up to 3% that they get from Nissan, so if the car is still pretty fresh off the truck (ask when it was delivered) then you can make them negotiate further because they'll still profit.

·
Sound.Vision.Soul
46 Posts
the list price on mine was 19,850 + or - and i walk out the door only paying 20k.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought an Opal Blue 2.5S w/auto, side sills, mats, and microfilter for $18983 (about 3% over invoice) plus TTL. Was able to find a local dealer that made no attempt to hide the fact on their web site that 2002 Altimas were available for 2-3% over invoice.

·
NO LIFE POSTER
252 Posts
asher47 said:
i've been shopping around the nissan dealers in my area - one dealer offered me 300 above invoice which he said would be 18,500 or so... and i'm lookin at edmunds.com and the listed invoice for a 2.5S automatic it's 17,874. and you add 300 to that and it's a lot less than 18,500. is it still a good price?

I got my 2.5 s with the 1,900 dollar conv. pkg out the door for 19,800. Mine is also a 5 speed.

·
Altimas.net
1,508 Posts
I was going to buy a 2.5s wtih all the goodies, even an auto tranny. it was like 22-24....i dont remember to well

I didnt want a auto only because a 4 cylinder car is so slow, 5 speed gives you some extra speed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.