The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
SHIFT_ from the ordinary
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of buying Obx headers for the altima, but before I do i was wondering if the overall quality of these headers are just as good as the stillen ones. (and if you have obx do u like them) thanks

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
I just installed my OBX header today, and just took it for a test drive for about an hour. From what I noticed from the as$ dyno, I have more power from about 2500rpms up to redline. Just seems more responsive than before. I do still have the stock cat on the car though, but the new high flow cat should be here in about 5 days. the stock cat has over 110K on it, so Im pretty sure its clogged up by now. so far before without the header, i ran high 14s pretty consistently, I plan on going to the track this friday, so I will see what it does then

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
OBX are made from the same jig the HS Gen 5 headers are....Other than not being Hotshot (who did do all of the research most likely) and not being ceramic coated (who cares? looks good purple and gold on my sport bike:p ), they are the same, minus about $250...
Besides, the Stillen and HS have been known to develop cracks, though with headers and other products w/welds and such, a few are bound to have problems here and there...and though I haven't heard of any OBX's w/cracks, there aren't nearly as many out there as Stillen/HS, though the Maxima owners also are using OBX w/good results.

However, most haven't had any fitment issues w/the Stillen, likely due to the 4-1 design being less bulky than the HS/OBX 4-2-1 setup which requires a little block/flange grinding in SOME cases...

Jeremy

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
Does OBX come with the egr piping and o2 sensor bung in the header? I know hotshot does...and also that SS autochrome header.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
the OBX has all fittings for the O2 and EGR. No modification needed to fit them. but if you have an OBDI setup, you will need to block off the second O2 sensor hole on the downpipe by the cat.

·
I AM LEGEND
10,874 Posts
evil_ryu said:
1993 gxe (auto)
2000 altima motor (ported head & intake)
unlimited slip tranny
ngk plugs & wires
k-sport coilovers
r33 kit (soon to come)
3 - 10"woofers
1000w amp
jvc mp3 player
audioban tweets

WTF is a "unlimited slip tranny"??:lol:

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
SLOW KA_ said:
WTF is a "unlimited slip tranny"??:lol:
maybe he means open diff :confused:

·
Registered
194 Posts
:bonk: my bad guys its has an lsd....happy guys....:rolleyes:

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
The OBX header is def a nice piece....like stated before it fits right into the hot shot jigs and the welds are very comparable in terms of quality!

Yes they do color...but in all reality you can get them coated yourself and still have 100 left over instead of buying the Hotshots

However: Do not buy SS Autochrome headers...anyhtign that comes with a band clamp is no good!

I'd recommend the OBX...I ran mine with 0 problems...EGR and O2 fit perfectly too...

For 100 or so bucks it won't hurt to try will it??

·
Registered
108 Posts
So is there a way to tell which header on ebay is the OBX one and which is the SS autochrome header? I really want to get one but im scared of getting the wrong one

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
Earlier OBX headres tended to have a flange at the 4-2 connector....

SS autochrome use this weird ass bandclamp

Just run away from SS....

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
so far, im happy with my OBX. I will see how it holds up in the long run

·
Banned
1,143 Posts

·
rawdmizle
471 Posts
Ace did you have the 4-1 setup or the 4-2-1 setup?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts