The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Ill try to keep this as short as possible, so lately, my car has been randomly been misfiring, sputtering from time to time, and then it runs like new/back to normal for a couple of weeks and every one in a while it will start sputtering. Now it has gotten to the point where it will turn on and start sputtering, and it shakes very hard/violently when i put it into reverse/drive.

So the other day, I put in the OBD code reader and it spit out the P0302 code, and today when it started up like that it spit out the P0300 code. Thats when I decided to take the ignition coils out and check the cylinders. As soon as i got the bolts off the coils, i took the first coil out and oil flew out. Most of the coil was drenched in oil, and the spark plug was drained in it as well. I assume this is the reason for my issue.

From what I have researched all i would have to do is buy the following:

- 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Valve Cover Dorman
- Valve Cover Gasket
- Valve cover Sealant
- New Spark Plug
- New Ignition coil

Would this be correct? Now how should i go about taking the oil out of the cylinder? Can I clean up the spark plug and/or the ignition coil and possibly reuse it? Any insight to this would be appreciated.

P.s. Would I be able to drive the car or should i Refrain from that? I'm a full time commuter student so its hard for me to get access to another car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
"Ill try to keep this as short as possible, so lately, my car has been randomly been misfiring, sputtering from time to time, and then it runs like new/back to normal for a couple of weeks and every one in a while it will start sputtering. Now it has gotten to the point where it will turn on and start sputtering, and it shakes very hard/violently when i put it into reverse/drive. "

Yes keep driving it, and drivers wonder why there vehicles are screwed up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts