The Nissan Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright people, I’m stumped. I own a 2005 Altima 2.5s. I’ve done everything BUT fix the problem it seems. It all started when the car began throwing a multiple random misfire code P0300. I did full tuneup, & replaced valve cover due to leaky spark plug seals. Misfire continued after about 3 days of good driving. Suddenly my car starts deciding when it does & does not want to start. It would crank and crank and crank until it eventually would start— often times idle would be between 1500 & 2k. When idle rpms started widely fluctuating I decided to change TBI & figured I’d change the starter as well since it had undergone so much stress in the long hard starts required to get my car running. To try and sum this all up: I’ve changed the exhaust manifold/precat, catalytic converter, up & downstream O2’s(A/F) sensors, valve cover, plugs, packs, battery, and reprogrammed throttle body after installation of replacement; now after changing TBI I’m getting this new P1031 code and still suffering long hard starts.....

Help me please! I need thoughts, similar stories, suggestions, all of the above. I am not ready to quit on her yet, but clearly I’m missing something here. Thanks guys/gals.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts