The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed a Pac SWI-X in a 2005 yet? If so, where did you mount the IR cable, and are you happy with the results?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
why would you want one? are you swapping out your head unit? most people would mount it up in the map light but myself personally, i would probably throw it in the armrest because 12V power is right there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed a new head unit. I would like to install a pac eventually. My first thought was to mount the IR cable in the arm rest, but I'm afraid my wrist/hand will block the signal when I have my hand on the shifter (most of the time). The map light would be a ideal location, but I'm not sure how to route the cable up there without major disassembly of my interior. Any advice?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I squeezed mine above the radio in between the mount and the head unit. It's barely visible, and the remote eye still has line of sight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally got around to installing my PAC. I installed everything in the arm rest.

I'm pretty happy with the install. Taking the center console apart was easier than it looked. I had the whole thing done in an hour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts