The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the thread on "problem with 3.5 se" there have been complaints with the Satin white color turning yellowish brown.
This is a major concern and I contacted Nissan Corp. about the problem and currently engineering is looking into it. If this is true I am cancelling my order for the Satin White 3.5 SE with Leather.

When I was at the dealership in Sanford, N.C. at the end of October and making an exterior color decision. The dealer told me that a new color would be offered in March 2002. The color was Cloud White. I chose Satin White at the time. Since then I have not heard of any problems until now. It is interesting that two white colors would be offered. Maybe the paint problem is true and not just isolated. It looks like I may wait on purchasing the Altima after all.

If I get any response from Nissan I will post it on the forum.

Thanks

:(

·
Registered
884 Posts
Well, after reading your post, I just called 1-800-Nissan1 and asked them if there have been any reports of this two color body issue. He told me that there may be some difference in appearance between the plastic and metal surfaces because of the way the paint adhears to the different mediums. He said that there have not been any reports to his knowledge and to go to the dealer and have them take a look at it. I'm thinking, yeah... and they will say, oh.. that's just dirt.

He also said he didn't know about a Cloud White color. From the way he sounded though, I'm sure he doesn't know much more about the cars other than where to find the VIN number and to tell me to take it to the dealership for service.

He asked how many miles I had on the car and the usual marketing questions like what is your e-mail and then said to call them back and tell them what the dealer said.

So.. That's my update on the White car issue!

·
Barkless Dog
801 Posts
Nissan should of had lots of experience with pearl white as it has been a paint color of the maxima. All pearl whites will have some yellowish cast to them.

·
*Honorary Member* the dream!!!
84 Posts
my car has streaks of yellow brownish discoloration, where the hell is it coming from?

·
Altima Freak
221 Posts
Are the streaks horizontal or vertical? Can you take a digital pic? I see absolutely nothing wrong with mine. Anyone wax their car or do something extraordinary?

02alty driver said:
my car has streaks of yellow brownish discoloration, where the hell is it coming from?

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
The side moldings on my cloud white (color code QM1) 2000 Altima are yellowish..

·
Parts & Service Manager
399 Posts
Take to the dealership and have them call Their Claims Call Center to order a paint inspector to chk out the car. They may repaint the car, or some of the areas the trouble is located. It's worth it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Paint not really a problem...

IMHO, the only time I can tell the difference is when you are under fluorescent lighting, up close to the car. I also think the difference is the fact that the metal parts are primed with a different procedure and or chemicals, and of course, the plastic parts are too causing the slight variance. Again, IMHO, I think this falls under the nit pick the car to death category, the paint, to me is fine, and I consider myself to be very picky. Also keep in mind; MOST factory paint jobs are superior to the paint jobs that come out of any auto stealership's booth! Of course, their are exceptions, I am sure, but I would certainly think long and hard about letting someone repaint my car due to this minor variation. However, I am sure some cases are worse than others.

I suspect if we look around at other cars we can find this problem too?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts