The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to do something like this? Do you guys paint your interior in pieces or do you leave it still attached to your car while you paint it?

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
My bf painted the majority of my dash trim. Painted it silver. Like all the cherry oak and the piece around the bezel and shifter. He painted it in pieces and if you look closely at the pic below, you can catch a glimpse.

·
Fat Pact Member
317 Posts
when i painted my interior pieces i took them out to paint them. it is alot easier to do that instead of trying to tape everything off.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Definitely take them out. It's a pain in the ass getting paint on stuff you don't want the paint to get on to.

·
Rollin'
1,388 Posts
okay, here's my questions, i've painted everything i wanted to paint in the interior except the passenger airbag cover (in a '95) i don't want to tape the fuck out of everything inside the car and still mess up, can it just be pulled out or how's it kept in their??

·
210 Posts
A word of advice, use the proper paint (like Foliatec or, SEM and all its vinyl/plastic prep stuff) Its a bitch to have to keep painting your parts over and over. I had to learn the damn hard way.:(
Might be a little more $$$ but its worth it.

Peace

·
Registered
714 Posts
most of the painted interiors iv seen I dont like because it seems to just not look right, but if you do it right and do your color scheeme so that it matches I bet it will turn out good. just a little advice though - 1. consult a girl (not trying to be sexist) with your color scheme first because although we think we know what matches, we usually dont (iv seem many on this board which looked alright becuase im a guy but there was just something wrong which I could not point out, but im sure a girl could)
2. just take your time and be carefull. iv never done this before but from other past experinces I know that paint is a bitch to fix and even if you think there is no way that things can look worse you will find out they still can if you mess things up.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Im thinkin about bringing mine to a body shop and spending the money and getting done right!! Will look so so much cleaner!
-Smacko

·
Registered
121 Posts
smacko said:
Im thinkin about bringing mine to a body shop and spending the money and getting done right!! Will look so so much cleaner!
-Smacko

i thought about that to... but i desided that i could do it pretty good for very cheap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts