The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hotshot 4-2-1 Header that I purchased off of another member a couple months back...I looked at it today after a very long time and decided to try and clean it up...tried degreasers and metal cleaners and polishes...no noticeable luck...also there are little specs of rust on it as well...

can i sand down the header just a little bit to get rid of the surface rust, and put a few coats of extreme high temperature engine paint on it...I remember seeing a header painted black on a spray paint can...any ideas??? I would probably paint it black if I went ahead with this...thanks for any info/tips...

·
It's almost over now!!
3,660 Posts
I'd be careful with sanding anything on a header due to over sanding may create a weakspot over time. a wire brush for a quick debris fix, then get some coats of hi temp.
or find a powdercoater and see if they can do either colors, or ceramic coatings...
not overly exspensive...

·
Registered
437 Posts
bushdog said:
I'd be careful with sanding anything on a header due to over sanding may create a weakspot over time. a wire brush for a quick debris fix, then get some coats of hi temp.
or find a powdercoater and see if they can do either colors, or ceramic coatings...
not overly exspensive...
^^ what he said^^^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts