The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie at all this stuff. How do I paint my breaks? I have a 1998 altima and it looks like drums in the back disc in the front? Standard spray paint? My car is the beige/champagne any Ideas on a good color?

Multiples

·
Pacman
341 Posts
Don't use regular spray paint because of the heat. Use caliper paint if you wanna pay for it, but I know a lot of people who use engine paint as well; it's cheaper. As for a good color, I can't think of any really good schemes, but a lot of brake upgrades and a lot of people may just go for red. It's up to you. Search and see if anyone else has done it.

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
engine paint is great. does wonders but eventually, it will need touching up. i'd say, u will have to respray them at least once every 6-7 months.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
Multiples said:
I am a newbie at all this stuff. How do I paint my breaks? I have a 1998 altima and it looks like drums in the back disc in the front? Standard spray paint? My car is the beige/champagne any Ideas on a good color?

Multiples
you mean brakes, right?

and welcome to the site:D

·
Pacman
341 Posts
Stillen is right. But the touching up isn't too big of a deal, and the Caliper paint costs a lot more than typical engine paint.

·
Pacman
341 Posts
Yeah, I forgot to mention that. That really helps with looks and life of the paint job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. and yes I mean "Brakes" yikes need to bone up on the ol spellin looks like. Nice board I got the bake the headlights trick from here. Easy mod and pimps out the car a little.

Multiples

·
1,484 Posts
Yeah I put old towels over my rotors, and left the brake lines connected, and just painted against the towel, so I didn't get paint on the rotor or the wheel well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts