The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have talked to a few ppl, (i.e. body shops, individuals, ect..) and they all say that when your painting your car, if you purchase a good Can Primer like Duplicolor, u can Can Prime your whole car with 2-3 coats and it will be ok... anyone else got any info they wanna lay down?

·
::Distant Illusion::
259 Posts
Yea id like to know to since my car was keyed and its getting repainted very soon little more than a week. Macco is doing it for me. Stock color instead of Si blue for about $580 should I do any prep work my self so it comes out better?? (besides sanding and filling key marks)

·
Hostile CAD designer
146 Posts
Maaco? Bad call dude, it's coming out like crap. you'd have better results painting it yourself

·
Pacman
341 Posts
Yup, I have heard a million times that Maaco is just cheap crap.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was thinking of repainting my car too.....
What is a fair price? For Very Good quality paint.....
I heard $2G - $ 3G.....I heard horror stories with Maaco too so I've never asked them.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
dont go to maaco, best bet is a private autobody shop, and $1500 should get you a decent paint job, but it also depends on the skill of the workers, $1500 at one shop and you can get a shitty paint job, and $1500 at another you can get a nice one, just look at cars they already did and decide

·
There is no substitute.
2,032 Posts
yea I heard if you get the most expensive macco job (presidential i think) it isn't supposed to be very bad. May depend on what macco you go to. But I also heard orlando's was done at macco.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts