The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, people have recommended tying panty hose over a cone filter to help prevent debris from getting caught in the filter.

Any particular recommendations? Or will any panty hose work fine on a cone intake?

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
I find the black ones make my cone look bigger:embarasse :D

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
steves said:
Any particular recommendations? Or will any panty hose work fine on a cone intake?
I'm kind partial to the ones that only cover the calf just below the knee with a plad(sp) pattern on a catholic hs girl.... uh whoops... getting off topic there :D

Anyone panty hose will be fine. If you really want a strong panty hose, try to find those "anti-run" ones.

·
Red Sleeper
5,340 Posts
alt-run said:
..cover the filter with panty hoe's.....

flarearrow said:
lol @ hoe's :D

But seriously, stick the filter into thigh-high panty hose and tie it off. This is a off road rally trick. The panty hose will filter out the big stuff like sand and help keep the filter cleaner a bit longer.
i like em all!! :bonk::bonk:

94_se

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just bought some No-Nonsense panty hose. It was like $1.69

If it works, it'll be well worth the money and the strange looks from the cashier...

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
for my truck, we used to use a foam cover. the nylon seems to be a bit restrictive, but i dont think it would affect it adversely.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
ASHURA said:
...you can use the other pair to polish the exhaust's tail piece, especially the nylon ones.
OK, I got to try that out.

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
lol^^

just put them on ur head when u drive:lol:

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
ZKrazy said:
i can just picture one of you guys buying pantyhose..and telling the checkout clerk "its for my car". haha..
wasnt as bad as when i had to buy my ex-wife some kotex...

·
Registered
67 Posts
^lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts