The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got in my 1997 Nissan Sentra GXE this morning, not particularly cold and the parking brake light is illuminated when the parking brake is not engaged. I don't notice anything wrong with the brakes, I also changed the front pads recently and I don't hear any squeaking or noise when I drive or brake. The back ones might be due soon, but I dont think that would cause this.

Is it the sensor? I know theres a lot of gunk from the previous owner smoking under the lever.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got in my 1997 Nissan Sentra GXE this morning, not particularly cold and the parking brake light is illuminated when the parking brake is not engaged. I don't notice anything wrong with the brakes, I also changed the front pads recently and I don't hear any squeaking or noise when I drive or brake. The back ones might be due soon, but I dont think that would cause this.

Is it the sensor? I know theres a lot of gunk from the previous owner smoking under the lever.

Thanks
I'm not sure about Nissan's, but on my Chevy Silverado the e-brake light stays illuminated when your brake fluid is low. Have you checked the level of your brake fluid?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts