The Nissan Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parking brake light is on, and i did the search and it could be one of 2 things, the alternator or the brake fluid low. I just changed the alternator like a month ago so it shouldn't be it, and i checked the fluid and it is just above the the min. point

Question is, when you filled the fluid back up, (some of you did this i think from the posts that i searched) did the light go off automatically or did you have to reset something?? And did it keep the light off???

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup i checked, lifter up and pushed it down, and pushed the button all the way down. Besides the ligth wasn't on while i started the car but turned on at a stop sign. Forgot to mention that!

Anybody else?

·
Banned
0 Posts
fill the fluid up. Pump brake a couple of times. Start car. Light should be off. If not, go for a quick spin to get some more fluid into the lines, and it will then go off.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, i was waiting for stores to open, and hoping that i wound'nt have to go to nissan to erase a dumb code!!

Now when you filled it up, did the problem come back??

·
super primer mobile
1,030 Posts
no sassan, you fill it up, lock the cap, start the car, pump the brake, turn the car off, pump the brake, check the fluid, start the car again....

the reason behind low brake fluid is usually a tale tale sign of low brakes. Get your brakes checked out you may not need fluid at all, you may just need to have your brakes replaced which will fill that fluid reservoir back up once the pistons are compressed.

**I did my brakes just yesterday, took me 30 minutes on 4 wheel discs.**

·
Banned
0 Posts
NiceDashStick said:
no sassan, you fill it up, lock the cap, start the car, pump the brake, turn the car off, pump the brake, check the fluid, start the car again....

not what I did.......my method worked. However, whatever works, he needs to try it

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys i filled up the tank and no more light. As for low brakes, the fronts are ok, i still had a lot of meat when i put the winter tires on so they should be ok, however the back drums should be low, but i'm not sure if the fluid will be affected that much by drum brakes!!

But thanks to all that helped!!!!!:D

·
Banned
0 Posts
altimaluk said:
Thanks guys i filled up the tank and no more light. As for low brakes, the fronts are ok, i still had a lot of meat when i put the winter tires on so they should be ok, however the back drums should be low, but i'm not sure if the fluid will be affected that much by drum brakes!!

But thanks to all that helped!!!!!:D
go to a brake shop and get a free check.....if anything, they do all the work of taking the tires off, and you get a free look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.