The Nissan Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my girlfriend just called me and said that the brake light on her dash is on. I know that typically means that her brake fluid is low, so I had her check, and she said that its just below MAX. Also her battery light isn't on, so its not the alternator (I hope!). Any other thoughts? Leaks? I won't see the car until Wednesday when I go out to see her, so I don't have a lot of information yet.

·
Resident Bitch
1,275 Posts
I had a large hoop earring (courtesy of the previous owner) that ed with my brake light. When I cleaned it out I also found the fuse puller thats supposed to be clipped to the fuse cover, about a buck-fifty in change and a pen.

Demmy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Peterson said:
My 91 MAxima has a ton of crap down there...you must have something different on yours.

BTW, did you remove the amber on your rear blinkers?
91 Maxima's have the same setup as you guys. My 91 stanza had it too.

Here's the cover on a 95+ Maxima:

http://www.ericj.org/maxima/img/97_GXE/in_drivers.jpg

Much nicer!

Yes, I removed the amber from the rear blinkers.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I've lost tons down through the ebrake. Change, ring, keys....

It would have been nice if, on the 2nd gens, they kept the ebrake centered on the console. The button rubs against my right thigh! The cup holders get in the way of my shifting especially when there is a coffee mug in it. But then again, I do like my coffee in the mornings.

·
I am the universe.
1,034 Posts
check the brake pads. If they're worn, then that'll also make the brake light come on because there's less pad. If the light just came on, the brakes will probably start squealing very soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.