The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everbody,
Im have a problem with my 2013 nissan altima the other day i noticed that neither of my parking lights come on but when i signal or put on hazards its fine. Ive looked for a fuse but nothing on the diagram suggests a fuse for parking lights i also checked other fuses which were even close such as dtrl and all the headlights and taillights but all those fuses are fine. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Hal in Va near D.C.
187 Posts
No parking lights answer

If you turn the light switch one click (auto headlights)and nothing comes on it is probably because the ambient light is too bright.
if you turn the switch to the second click, parking lights should come on.
Third click is all lights on.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually any position i put the lights on they dont work and i actually just noticed that my right rear parking light doesnt work either

·
Registered
151 Posts
Many bulbs are dual filament, such as your turn signal bulbs, so they will light up for one thing but not for another when 1 of the filaments breaks.
The parking light fuse is in the fuse block in the engine compartment , near the battery.
Usually, in relatively new cars, it's just burned out bulbs or fuses, rather than wiring problems.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Seems like a blown fuse. I had that problem, replaced a fuse, and fixed the problem. I don't remember which one though. Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea it was a blown fuse it was labeled as tail rh. Which is weird that it controls 3 out of the 4 parking lights. Thanks for the replies everyone

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey I had the same problem the other day! The fuse you are looking for is in the engine compartment. The fuse box to the left has a fuse called tail r/h. This fuse is responsible for your right tail light and two front parking lights. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yea it was a blown fuse it was labeled as tail rh. Which is weird that it controls 3 out of the 4 parking lights. Thanks for the replies everyone
In one way it's strange.
On the other hand, when the parking lights and right taillight go out, the mechanics at Nissan dealerships know to first look at the fuse, rather than wasting extra time troubleshooting.

Glad you posted a follow up.

It helps others who are searching when you post the solution.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea thats true and im sure nissan wants you to take the car to them instead of figuring out whats wrong with it on your own. But hopefully this will help someone because prior to this i spent time looking online for similar posts and came up empty

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yea thats true and im sure nissan wants you to take the car to them instead of figuring out whats wrong with it on your own. But hopefully this will help someone because prior to this i spent time looking online for similar posts and came up empty
You can be sure they do!

Same thing happens to me when looking online for answers.
I find a lot of the same questions posted but there's no solution posted.
Like you, I try to remember to post a follow-up so others can know what fixes the problems.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Self-testing fuses with led indicator

SELF-TESTING FUSES WITH LED INDICATOR

When you are sure a electrical problem is solved using a cheap "normal" replacement fuse --- suggest FINAL replacement using a fuse with a LED light that glows whenever the fuse blows to save time tracking down a blown fuse.

:smile

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
SELF-TESTING FUSES WITH LED INDICATOR

When you are sure a electrical problem is solved using a cheap "normal" replacement fuse --- suggest FINAL replacement using a fuse with a LED light that glows whenever the fuse blows to save time tracking down a blown fuse.

:smile
Interesting.. Never seen these?

·
14 NAS SL
1,375 Posts
After I blew a fuse installing the ijdm drl lights I went to get a replacement at auto zone and saw the led fuses.. At first I thought who needs that but it could save so much time! Might have to get some just to have around

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not to take over the thread but im having the same problem!! So glad you got yours fixed but can someone help me!!
Mine isn't a blown fuse, all my fuses are good... My blinkers work perfectly, hazards come on no problem but that dam parking light is holding back my inspection so i can't get my registration ? need help asap please!

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,024 Posts
Not to take over the thread but im having the same problem!! So glad you got yours fixed but can someone help me!!
Mine isn't a blown fuse, all my fuses are good... My blinkers work perfectly, hazards come on no problem but that dam parking light is holding back my inspection so i can't get my registration ? need help asap please!
So what are you driving (or wanting to), and are all parking lights out, or just some? Does the dash dim when you turn on headlights? How about the headlights themselves...working A-1?

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,024 Posts
Could be a few things. Stalk switch, tail light relay...need to start probing around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i am facing the same issue with my altima 2017 driving side tail light is not working as parking but on brake and signal are working. Any help also ac and radio lights are not working.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts