The Nissan Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the last missive was posted just after rewriting a report for 10 hours. i should have had the two ounces of single malt scotch before i got on rather than after. anyway-the gist, and its a serious gist, are there long term negative consequences if an existing engine has been "tweeked", if that is the really issue. i do not know if that is true or not. i did not know the Nissan person i was talking to. she gave a spirited presentation for the 2002 Altima so at least it appears she was somewhat real. she did not seem to be a model; after the presentation she fielded numerous technical questions. she claimed to have worked on the design. during the informal q&a afterwards, she used term tweeking (an MIT grad?) in response to a query.

i prefer the smaller engine. I drove an even smaller engine camry before-the old 145HP one in the original shorter camry of 1988. the pickup in emergency driving situations was perfectly adequate. At 175HP this Altima super clean engine seems to be a bit of a marvel. or, then again, is it?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.