The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,373 Posts
solution....get the emisions test done before you install the hotshot and the greddy. Then right after the test install the goodies and you wont have to worry about it till next year...lol

·
1,373 Posts
I wouldnt have to worry about it for 2 years if i got the hotshot and the greddy now....because my car doesnt need a emisions test till feburary 2005.......lol
But speaking of emisions test:
I went today to get my new sticker since the ownership of my alty is now mine...So i went to the place that has done my inspections for the alty and has passed me without hassle for 2 years straight....last inspection being last september....so anyways the guy checks my tint......never did that before.....and my tint is only 40% (i finally know now)...Then i drive the car in the shop and he closes the overhead door.....then decides to tell me to rev up the motor......he asks his buddy and tells me that my muffler is too loud so they cant pass me.....I called B.S on the guy....cause hes the same one who passed it the previous 2 years and had no problem with it.....I told him it wasnt right because he had me rev up the motor inside of a closed garage.....so no crap its gonna sound loud......he didnt care......so i told him to screw off and im gonna take my buisness elsewhere..... So i went to the mobil station that does inspections and the guys who work there are cool...they listend to my muffler and said it was ok.....even with their overhead door closed....The only thing they didnt like was the hyper white corner lights i have...so the guy let me change em right there and then and he passed me.....so i ended up with a sticker and now im happy......lol

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
TPhelps155 said:
My emission's test is in July so it sucks!! lol O well. I'll get a 96 or 97 altima for my next car and not worry about it.
what do you mean ?
I wouldn't pass either
if you have a 96 or up with NO check engine light then you wll pass. if you have a check engine light, you will need to do emissions.

and I can't figure how to get the light to stay off

1 - 9 of 9 Posts